Sign in to follow this  
Guest davey72

475 - applying for p.r

Guest davey72

Been here 2 years on a 475 visa in my name as primary applicant but my husband (as secondary applicant) has done the work instead of me. We didn't realise until we came to apply for p.r. that it should have been me working as the primary applicant. Has anyone else been in the same situation? Any guidance would be appreciated thanks.

Guest Colin Taylor

Hi, I'm pretty sure I remember being told at our welcome meeting in Currie St, when we came over ( I was on a 475, Now got PR ) that

it doesn't matter who works the 2 years, primary or secondary just as long one of you does.

No hassle I'm sure.

Guest Nick11
    Been here 2 years on a 475 visa in my name as primary applicant but my husband (as secondary applicant) has done the work instead of me. We didn't realise until we came to apply for p.r. that it should have been me working as the primary applicant. Has anyone else been in the same situation? Any guidance would be appreciated thanks.

Dont panic..you are still okay. The primary or secondary applicant can fulfill the work visa requirement. Just as long as it is full time work.

I was the primary applicant but hubby worked full time...we had no probs getting our 887 visa.

Guest davey72

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully we are worrying over nothing.