Guest Guest5035

Heathrow 13th October

Guest Guest5035

Anyone leaving heathrow Thursday 13th oct to adelaide via Singapore flying ba/qantas, flying by myself

Stevo

Don't forget you cannot buy duty free alcohol to take to Oz in Heathrow (unless you want to risk having it confiscated in Singapore). You'll have to get it in Singapore when you change planes.

You cannot buy anything over 100ml in Heathrow duty free if you are travelling to Oz. You have to get it at your transit airport. Doesn't matter if it's security sealed or not, it's something to do with security and the Australian government rules, as you are now screened again at the transit airport (KL, HK, Singapore etc) for liquids, gels, pastes etc. I had the most almighty row about it in Heathrow last Thursday night ..... as did many other Australians flying home on my flight.

The alcohol I wanted to get hubby is only available in Heathrow, I had to buy something else in KL :(

Guest Guest5035
    can you get a large jar of Marmite for me?

(being serious mate)

Will customs allow it through??

Stevo

Marmite is Ok, it's not a gel or liquid.

I have brought it in through hand luggage, so have many others. However it is easier to put in the hold, to save carrying it. The big jars are heavy.

It's a paste and so comes under the 100ml rule! Hold luggage is the way to go - or get two smaller jars!

Items over 100ml NOT allowed in hand luggage are "Any liquid based food products in packets, tubes, plastic or tin containers, for example: Jams and syrups, sauces, pastes, yoghurts, soups (carton or otherwise), stews or curry".

For more information try www.infrastructure.gov.au All the rules and regs are on there.