Guest Squareman

C'mon Wales, c'mon France!

I'm sorry, I'm all for supporting Wales but if you're going to support France you may just become ineligible to be a member of POMS in Adelaide.... I expect there's a "Frogs in Adelaide" site somewhere you can join.....

Now where's the emoticon that's waving "goodbyeeeee"? Oh yes, it got used up for the Scotland team last week.....:biggrin:

Guest Squareman

Ooooooooh

There is no clear consensus, especially in an Australian context, as to whether the term Pom applies only to the english or to all Brits. Depending on who you speak to, the origin of the word either relates to 'Prisoner Of Mother England/her Majesty' or is a reference to the red flesh of a Pomigranite, which resembled the sunburnt flesh of BRITISH settlers. In the case of the former, there were many Scots, Welsh and Irish prisoners who came over on the convict ships too. Despite having a scottish accent, I have been referred to as a Pom on several occasions since arriving here.

Now where's the "your're on the next flight home" emoticon..........

Have yet to hear anyone FRENCH referred to as a POM though..

as I said, don't have a problem with supporting Wales (or Ireland, for that matter!)

And all those emoticons were used up last week too, for the Scots.....:jiggy:

Have yet to hear anyone FRENCH referred to as a POM though..

as I said, don't have a problem with supporting Wales (or Ireland, for that matter!)

And all those emoticons were used up last week too, for the Scots.....:jiggy:

Why Ireland and not French??? or do you just mean the Northern Irish? ;)

Does Northern Ireland have a rugby team of their own?

I ment the people/players as technicaly you could be supporting non-poms same as squareman :wink:

As per the opening post, now England are out (completely robbed) i am an honery Frenchman for the next game.

Come on France beat the Welsh !!!!!

Guest Squareman

Bloody hell, the engerlish folk on here dont half talk a load of old b****x. Lol

I had to go out at half time, from what i saw England did well not to get slaughtered, too many penalties.....again....and missed tackled....someone should be up for a rollicking.....

HG

agreed, it was a shocking performance, giving away penalties crap handling of the ball constant dropping.

i watched both games at the coopers ale house and the welsh supporters in there were cheering on england for the win so wales is going to be the team for me now.

Guest Guest5035
    Dont think you will see to much more of them

There's only 2 games to go for them:wink::wink:

Go you green and gold, bring it home

Stevo

Yeah we were rubbish and deserved to loose.

As an Englishman though I can't support the welsh, scots, or the Irish so it's France for me in the next game. And I've never met a welsh, scot, or Irish man that supports the English so you will all understand.

Yeah we were rubbish and deserved to loose.

As an Englishman though I can't support the welsh, scots, or the Irish so it's France for me in the next game. And I've never met a welsh, scot, or Irish man that supports the English so you will all understand.

I'll gladly support the Welsh, they have the attitude and application that England completely lacked. The spirit of the game is important and the Welsh have shown the right one. All the best to them, they haven't shirked their responsibility.

Cooler

Guest SA Great

I don't follow rugby so don't really care BUT as long as Scotland lose then its fine by me.

As per the opening post, now England are out (completely robbed) i am an honery Frenchman for the next game.

Come on France beat the Welsh !!!!!

There is no such thing as an 'honoury Frenchman', that is contradiction of terms.... I'll be supporting the Taffs all the way, if it's a Wales v Australia final then I'll be routing for the Aussies.

Let's get real, from my experience most of the Welsh or Scottish sports fans I know would support anyone except England in any match and I can accept that, so it cuts both ways. But the Welsh 100% HAVE to beat the French. I'll be en-route to Australia whilst the match is being played which is a great shame.

England are out because they deserved to be out, and although I really, really, really hate to say this, the French were a far better team on the day (now I'll have to wash my mouth out !!)

Guest dylan

Martin Johnson passes away many years from now and after pulling a few strings, makes it into heaven. St Peter meets him at the gates and shows him the way to his house, it's a modest house, tidy green, little English flag outside, Johnson is happy enough but then looks up and sees a huge castle on a hill top its painted red, welsh flags everywhere, dragons roaming around the fields around it Ahh don’t tell me I suppose it Gareth Edwards house? “says Johnson" or JPR Williams? Possibly some Welsh legend? "No mate", replies St Peter THAT.....is GODS house!