Guest ebstar

Whats bitten us?

Guest ebstar

The title says it all really.A couple of weeks ago my son came home from school felling really unwell.He refused his tea (he's normally a dustbin)and just wanted to sleep.Over two days he just really wasn't himself,just really sleepy and lethargic.As he started to get better he let me know something had bitten him a couple of days before.It looked like a hard bruised lump that by the following day blistered like chikenpox.The folling day it scabbed and healed very quickly.If i had known he had been bitten while he was unwell i would have got him to the docs but he was much better when he told me.All was clear within 5 days but he was only unwell for 2.

I am now on day 4 of i think the same thing bitting me.I became far more swollen and had to keep taking the antihistamine but that is normal for me.

I just wondered if anyone else has had anything similar. Does it sound like mozzies or has something been crawling into the clothes on the line?:confused:

I get some nasty lumps and bumps from the mozzies out here, but have also been bitten by some nasty 8 legged fiends, one of which i ended up having a week off work, and having twice daily visits from a nurse to inject me with some antibiotics and another time i ended up in hospital for a few hours on a drip to administer the drugs.

The area in concern was very very swollen, sore to touch and very very hot....one on my leg they tried to lance it and it felt like they had cut my leg off...lol

but i did not feel particularly unwell in myself, when i was bitten....if your in any doubt get into see your Dr they are cool with sort of thing....

HG

Yep,when i get bitten by the Mozzies here(which is often in Summer)I come out in huge ,hard lumps which itch incessantly for 3-4 days.Me no likee Ozzie Mozzie!:arghh:

Guest guest3462

Yep, I have similar rections to the mozzies here. And have several scars to prove. Keep on with the anithistamine and make sure that aeroguard becomes your families' new best friend! Hope you feel better soon xxx

Yep,

Mozzies for us too! We had just had first barbie! Next day my feet and hubbies legs had big swollen bites! After suspicious looks at the cat, and bad thoughts about the kangaroos at cleland park, we confirmed with Aussie friends that they were mozzie bites!

Think we have bought every anti mozzie product available!

Gill x

Guest Nicky&Andy

locals have recommended vitamin b12 stops mozzy bites (but speak to a chemist ), im going to look into it for myself this year , i only think of them and get bit, andrew has never been bit and puts it down to drinking pleanty of vb (lol any excuse)

VB omg you know what that stands for?

Vodka and blackcurrant.

In my world. VBL all the way when I was 18. And 19. And 20. Oooo my liver was probably purple back then from all the blackcurrant I consumed :tongue:

Guest ebstar

Thanks for the replies.I was hoping the ozzy mozzies would prefere a different flavour as the UK ones liked my blood too much.