Newbie waving hello

Guest ReginaPhalange

Guest ReginaPhalange

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, although I've been lurking for quite some time, and I've posted a couple of times on Pomsinoz. I'm Danielle, I'm 32, and I'm really hoping to move to Adelaide in the (near) future with my husband Dave and our babies Brody (2) and Summer (7 months).

I've just sent off my application to VETASSESS, and I'm going to see if I can get on an IELTS test within the next month or so. Then it's wait nervously for my results before I can apply for State Sponsorship (and eventually 176 visa)!

I am looking forward to chatting to you all, and hopefully meeting up one day in Adelaide!

Best wishes

Danielle

Guest Rubster2009

Hello...... very similar situation to us. We have just sent our visa application off and plan to move with 2 little ones in 2013. We have a little girl whos 2 and I'm due again in December:smile: We are both 32 and looking at Adelaide as a place to settle but just abit worried about meeting new people, hopefully it will be fine but would be nice to keep in touch incase you guys go over same time as us xx

Guest ReginaPhalange
Hello...... very similar situation to us. We have just sent our visa application off and plan to move with 2 little ones in 2013. We have a little girl whos 2 and I'm due again in December:smile: We are both 32 and looking at Adelaide as a place to settle but just abit worried about meeting new people, hopefully it will be fine but would be nice to keep in touch incase you guys go over same time as us xx

Yes, keep in touch - it will be nice to have someone to compare notes with and hopefully meet once we're all there. Add me as a friend if you would like to - I'm not sure how to do it!

Guest Emily01

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie to Poms in Adelaide too :) Left the UK at the beginning of September, went to Sydney for a couple of weeks and now in Adelaide! Was thrilled to find this site, it's so helpful and full of lots of friendly people! Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you.

Happy relocating!

Emily

Guest zamunda

Hi

All the very best to all those waiting for their visas to be processed. It is a stressful waiting game. But once you get the visa it is an amazing feeling.

We went through it and finally got our 176 two months ago. Now going through the next challenge of planning for the move.

Good luck!!

Guest Emily01

Hi Andy-Laa!

Looks like you and your partner are in the same position as us - Stew is also on a working holiday visa and we will have to decide whether to apply for his 2nd year (and do some fruitpicking) or just go straight for de facto partnership. Will see how it goes I guess, still early days! If you guys fancy meeting up for a drink let me know :)

Guest Andy-Laa

Emily (and Stew): Oh right - yeah, well I'll save you the cost of a consult - our visa guy said that just to alleviate the pressures of time constraints with the 12 months and all that stuff, to get my 88 days in.

It also adds to the strength of the De Facto relationship that you have been co-dependant for a longer period of time.

Get both your names on hotel receipts, have each other as your respective "next of kins" on say, medical forms and such and open a joint bank account/car insurance etc.

I mean, I'm saying all this and I apologise if you already know it and it came off a little condescending, but yeah it's a lot to get your head around...

it's the finding places I can pick and managing to get a decent amount of time at them that is proving to be the real difficulty in getting my second WHV especially considering I kind of don't want to move away but it looks like I may have to...anyway, not to hijack this welcome thread haha (sorry Regina)

Edit: and good luck Emily and Stu! Yeah meeting up sounds good - we're a bit hectic at the moment, (she's finishing up uni and such) but at some point in the nearish future, for sure :)

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, although I've been lurking for quite some time, and I've posted a couple of times on Pomsinoz. I'm Danielle, I'm 32, and I'm really hoping to move to Adelaide in the (near) future with my husband Dave and our babies Brody (2) and Summer (7 months).

I've just sent off my application to VETASSESS, and I'm going to see if I can get on an IELTS test within the next month or so. Then it's wait nervously for my results before I can apply for State Sponsorship (and eventually 176 visa)!

I am looking forward to chatting to you all, and hopefully meeting up one day in Adelaide!

Best wishes

Danielle

Hi! Glad to see you! So, you're at the very beginning of the great way to Adelaide! Sure, you'll get the best in you IELTS (I sat this exam three times :)), and, finally come to South Australia! Your things looks like our one, we have 2 kids too (5 and 3 yo), but our plan is that I'm going to come to Adelaide first, find a job, rent an accommodation, and just after that the rest of my family will move there because it seems reasonably risky and expensive to go to nowhere with the whole family. Right now, I'm waiting for SA sponsoroship, hope things will have changed by the end of Monday in a positive way.

Good luck!