sueoc

Woodburners.Anyone had one installed lately ?

Hiya,well after the Winter just gone, in an unheated house:shocked:,we don't wish to go through that again,so was wondering if anyone has had a Woodburner fitted recently?Has anyone got any recommendations?Thanks.

Guest Jane & Tony

Hi Sueoc

We had one fitted last year (in uk tho'). I would recommend a multi-fuel burner as you can put coal onto it overnight to keep it ticking over. We've saved hundereds of pounds! Not had the gch on at all over the winter -15 some nights. Really warm. Go for it.

We payed £375 for the burner and about £500 having it fitted, chimney work, hearth and surround etc. My OH did fit it tho' but this should give you an estimation of costs. Good Luck

Guest Baconi

Hi, we bought a new woodburner last year from a place up on Main North Road. Just the installation cost $475 and bearing in mind the guys were here for just about 90 mins, I thought that was a tad expensive!

The woodburner is a beauty, and once its going really kicks out some heat. It also has a fan which is great, well worth getting one with this feature

Cheers

Just my and my wifes thought.

We have bought a house with a Combustion heater installed and will be ripping it out and using it in our outdoor area. The heat is great if you want to fall asleep when watching TV in minutes !! Doesn't really heat our house as it is U shaped and it also doesn't have fan assist. Other thing is you spend alot of time chopping wood, I'm talking hours and hours over the weekends. Then there is the hidden cost of the pine you will also need to find to help start the fire!! Its not just a case of chucking on a Lump of Red Gum.

Not to mention the dry dust and the burnt dust that comes from bringing in the wood and loading it into the fire.

We are putting "My Time" and our money into a gas ducted system so instant heat at a touch of a button and save also on electric from not using electric blankets!!

Also as we live in a older home (brick vaneer) we are having our wall insulated with a blown in system, we hope this works for us as the house gets cold!!!

But as for living in Australia ----- Very Happy :biggrin: