Ktee

Member needs urgent help

I have been asked to post this on behalf of a member. If anyone could help that would be great, thank you:notworthy:

was wondering if you could help with some advice - my in laws were issued an employer sponsored visa a couple of years ago - unfortunately the employer - who is also my husbands cousin - decided a week after the visa was issued that he no longer had a job available. This caused a bit of ill feeling within the family but the visa was never used and we assumed that he had informed DIAC and cancelled it. In laws then started the process of applying for Cont Parent visa, unfortunately due the strain and disappointment of previous visa, house not selling etc they ended up getting divorced instead and cancelled the application. We have paid for MIL plane ticket to fly out on a visit in November, she applied for the relevent visitor/tourist visa but was informed that they could not issue one as the Employer Sponsored one was still in place. So what I`d like to know is - can she use that visa to visit (it expires September 2012) without her husband being present, is it likely to cause problems if she does use it or should she contact DIAC and tell them to cancel it and issue her with a visitor/ tourist visa??

I`d really appreciate some advice as my hubby is away at present in the Gulf and not easily contacable I don`t want to worry him with it.

Hope you can advise, thanks in advance

Sounds like this person needs proper legal advice not opinions from an open forum. Perhaps they should ring these people ..... http://www.iarc.asn.au/ They have been really helpfull to me in the past with migration law. It's a free service from qualified migration agents and lawyers.

Guest shella_n

I have quite a lot to do with visas etc in my job ( although I am no expert) I would definately say to cancel the employer visa and cone on tourist visa ( I'm assuming it was a temp 457 visa?). However if it was a PR sponsored visa then I think she may still be able to come on that visa but would defo phone DIAC to make sure

Guest Mishkelly

Definitely have the visa cancelled. Contact the Department of Immigration and ask them to cancel it so she can apply for a tourist visa. If she is stopped at the airport and is found to be on the wrong visa (because circumstances have changed etc), she may be turned around and be excluded from travelling to Australia for up to 3 years.....

Hi ktee

I understand that Alan Collettt from Go Matolda is now in direct touch with the person who has tthe problem and that Alan is now sorting iit out for them, so the rest of us can probably relax and go back to sleep!

Cheers

Gill