Guest wyles family

do i need to bring my medicl records from uk

Guest wyles family

hello everyone, we go on the 25th oct!! yipeeee... do we really need to bring our medical records with us from uk? time is running out with all the things we have to do in two weeks, just wondered if this was important. thanks

hello everyone, we go on the 25th oct!! yipeeee... do we really need to bring our medical records with us from uk? time is running out with all the things we have to do in two weeks, just wondered if this was important. thanks

I would say from what we have found is un less you have some existing conditions i would not bother.

Guest Guest6899

We just got a basic print out of the times we had attended the doctor and nurse and for why. Dont know if it will be of any use but it was funny looking back at some of them..

It wondn't hurt to bring them. Our Doctor has requested them just to see about our health etc...

We moved here just over 7 years ago and was going to be charged an arm and a leg for out medical records so didn't bother. I have never been asked for them here and as others have said unless you have a fairly major exsisting condition I wouldn't bother. :smile:

Guest BackToAdelaide

I just got a printout of mine the other day and it only cost me £15. I felt it was worth it as I've been away from Australia for over 7 years and I wanted to keep my records complete.

If you have kids bring their red books as these contain their immunisation records which will be needed.

Other than that, don't worry overly. Unless someone has an ongoing serious medical condition that will require treatment, you can fill in your medical history yourself.

I brought ours, and it has been useful off and on. I paid something similar to around £15 and they printed out the main stuff - good esp for birth history for me, test results at any times, vaguely useful for the children because of having seen ENT people in the past... It wasn't hard to get from my Drs and tbh I wanted it for my own records, bit like BackToAdelaide.

Hi, we bought ours (and paid a fortune for them!) but the only time I used them was to show the doctor that my youngest had chicken pox when in the UK so didn't need a vaccination here. Unless you have ongoing medical issues I wouldn't bring them. Lisa

Guest joanhg

i would recommend it as we moved here 3 months ago and it has helped with registering at a doctors. The main thing you will need is the basic uk GP print out of your injections and for women to include your last smear test and result. I hint that my sister-in-law warned me about was if you are currently using a pill contraception then go bring as much as you can with you as the cost here is expensive!

I got mine for free but they've never been of any use and I've never been asked for any info that wasn't in my head. If you have kids then bring their red books as they will be very useful.

Guest lyn

We did get print outs of our medical records but haven't needed them. Don't forget to bring your children's immunisation records if you have young kids. We have a 5 year old and I'm just in the process of getting his immunisations updated out here as the Australian vaccination program is slightly different to the uk.

Lyn x

Guest lyn
    i would recommend it as we moved here 3 months ago and it has helped with registering at a doctors. The main thing you will need is the basic uk GP print out of your injections and for women to include your last smear test and result. I hint that my sister-in-law warned me about was if you are currently using a pill contraception then go bring as much as you can with you as the cost here is expensive!

It only costs about $14 for 4 months worth of pills...so not desperately expensive but yes, bring some out if you can!

Guest Mitchell

I got a basic print out for free from my gp. Also as I have repeats I booked an appointment for a week before I left then asked for extra as I would need time to settle in and find a doctor. They gave me loads so I just took what I needed for the first few months and put the rest in my container.