Guest weelou

Bricklaying jobs

Guest weelou

My husband is a bricklayer and we are emmigrating in 17 days to Adelaide, can anyone let me know if there is plenty of work for his trade as there is never any on any of the job site...Thanks weelou

Guest smit

not much around at the moment im afraid but that doesnt mean to say that you wouldnt get anything.

Guest shella_n

Hi

There's been loads of posts about this recently ( have s look using search function) but from what I've read there are not many jobs around and I think there are a lot of British bricklayers on their way.

Good luck with your move. Best wishes

Michelle

If you are arriving in October I would suggest looking for work the minute you arrive because once it starts to get into November things will slow down. You will need to obtain a white card before you can work on construction sites, so get this set up straight away or it will hold you back. When I worked on a construction site we used Civil Train

http://www.civiltrainsa.com.au/train...white-card.cfm

Nov/Dec/Jan are generally the worst times to be looking for work as a lot of places close over the Christmas period as this is the kids 6 weeks school holiday period, so just keep it in mind and I would suggest making sure you have money to cover this period as a precaution.

Guest Benvbricklaying

Do not come to adelaide no work on atm

Guest Helchops

Wow, Ben that's a helpful post, considering your one other post is to advertise your services!

Hi there is little work 4 trade people in adelaide took me 11 wks 2 get work . I am a decorator it is heard 2 get work. There is plenty of work in sydney 4 all trade people all the best in finding work

This is a thread from Oct 2011 so not really anything recent. I'm going to lock this so as to save confusion to people arriving now and in the future. Anyone wanting to ask about the current work situation is always welcome to start a new thread to enquire.

Cheers

snifter