Guest ben farrier

imminent arrival!!

Guest ben farrier

We leave England on the 26th ! Seems to of gone very quickly. We are renting about 5km from Hahndhorf in the Adelaide hills we are late thirties and have two boys age 10 and 6. Just wondered if anyone else lives in that area or new about life around there. I am a farrier so if anyone has any horses that need shoeing let me know !!

Cheers

That's it! Keep rubbing it in lol. Can't believe how soon you are all off. I'm really pleased for all you guys but still very jealous. Best of luck catch up with you all very soon xx

Guest ben farrier

Thanks Sharon. Looking forward to seeing you out there permanently or on your reccie. Remember you are more than

welcome to come and stay

Guest BackToAdelaide

Not a direct reply to your question but just thought I'd mention the sweet shop in Hahndorf does the most amazing fudge :)

Guest ben farrier

Thaks the wife loves fudge and sure the kids will indulge as well

I liked Hahndorf when I visited it. Very pretty and village feel to it, Aussie style of course. I recall a lovely bakers somewhere there aswell.

Good luck with the move :)

Guest BackToAdelaide

Not just Aussie style but a touch of German influence as well. It was settled by German migrants. And yes there are a couple of very nice bakeries there. Funny how I always remember places to get unhealthy food!

Not just Aussie style but a touch of German influence as well. It was settled by German migrants. And yes there are a couple of very nice bakeries there. Funny how I always remember places to get unhealthy food!

When I was last there the town was celebrating something or other. And it was very clear German influence on the celebrations. A lovely brass band was playing, people in national dress and so on.

We're ten minutes from Hahndorf - good to have a wander around it now and then. Plenty of places to grab a coffee, and enough going on for it to be interesting as long as you don't go too often.

Guest Mac&Molly

Hey Ben, good luck mate and stick in! I'll text you next week with my email so you can let me know what the horsey world is doing down there. Can't wait till I'm packing my tools up too but another 15 weeks to go (two shoeings!!). Show these guys how to double clip!! Haha!!

Guest ben farrier

No prob Mac . Yeah send me your email and I will let you know what the work situation and life is like !! Hopefully pallets will arrive before we do. Have rented house and got vehicles ready to go so no excuses!!

Guest MrsHills

You will be amazed how quickly you will meet other Brits (especially with two children) sign them up for cricket/aus kick/basketball /swimming lessons- all these after school activities and you will find us all lurking there!!