Guest the Tews

Marmite!!

Guest the Tews

HI

How easy is it to buy marmite in Adelaide? :smile: When we went to Brisbane 3 yrs ago it was a nightmare but the tourist information were very helpful!! My eldest will only eat marmite and none of the others (we tried!)

I was planning on bringing out around 12 large jars when we finally get there!!

Any info gratefully received:idea:

Cheers, Andrea and Steve

I found it fine when I've been over and I eat a large jar every few weeks. Plenty of places seem to stock it. I never bother taking any with me as I can always buy it over there.

You can buy the small jars in coles .. cost approx $5 and dont last long..

I would definately bring some large jars with you.. works out alot cheaper. I havent seen any large jars in the shops here.. My visitors always have to bring me a supply!!

Sarah

Guest SA Great

Jesus...I'm sure you will have more important things to worry about than large jars of marmite

Guest lippy
    HI

How easy is it to buy marmite in Adelaide? :smile: When we went to Brisbane 3 yrs ago it was a nightmare but the tourist information were very helpful!! My eldest will only eat marmite and none of the others (we tried!)

I was planning on bringing out around 12 large jars when we finally get there!!

Any info gratefully received:idea:

Cheers, Andrea and Steve

Seen it in both Coles and Woolworths in the British food section.

Guest Django
    Jesus...I'm sure you will have more important things to worry about than large jars of marmite

:wacko: If you read the original post you will find the name is Andrea not Jesus.:tongue:

Yeh, don't forget the Bisto Gravy Granules, Quavers crisps, pork pies, cumberland sausages, and Quakers Porridge Oats too...oh and genuine cadbury's and galaxy chocolate ....and walnut whips.... and Caramac.... and......frozen yorkshire puddings...and...and....and.... Damn, you're going to have trouble fitting any clothes into your luggage!!

Its call MYMATE here and available in most larger supermarkets in the Southern Suburbs. With a bit of research you will soon find some cheaper Aussie products which, although different, are pretty good once you get used to them. (Toby porridge oats, Dove chocolate, Gravox gravy isn't too bad and you can always make your own Yorkshire puddings from scratch at a fraction of the price)

Guest Django
    My husband only lets visitors from the UK in the house providing they have a jar of marmite with them!!!

Man after my own heart. LOL