Big Hello From Blackpool!!!

Guest Cherry

Hello Everyone:smile:

Myself and the other half are currently waiting on a response from BAE Australia as to whether or not he has a job!

Things are looking positive but I guess we cant get our hopes up too much:nah:

Basically we have a few worries...we have been looking into things briefly but I guess the main concern for us is leaving behind family.

How has everyone coped with it?

Also has anyone taken a staffordshire bull terrier over? how were they? did it really stress them out?

Thanks guys:cute:

Kashia and Paul

Hi Kashia and Paul,

Hope you get good news from BAE soon.

I too am worried about telling family. My folks are in their seventies and I don't think it will go down well. We don't intend to tell them until we have the VISA - we didn't want to worry them with something that may not happen. Time enough when it's certain.

I hope some of the seniors can give good advice on your question.

IrishStew (OH)

Hi Cherry,

Good luck with a positive response for your OH.

On the family side of things we don't really have any worries as my Mum and dad were £10 POMs before they came back to the UK after 13 years and dad is all for it and mum was to until she died this year - bloody inconsiderate of her ;-) My OH mum is hoping to come out as well once we are settled and she is all for it as well. We do have siblings but we aren't that close to them so things are easier there as well. Our kids can't wait now, the youngest was a little unsure at first but all for it now.

When do you hope to be going out there?

Did your OH work for BAE over here?

All the best,

Mis.

Hi guys,

Yes Paul is currently working at BAE, he has already previously applied for a job but missed out because there was another guy with a couple more years experience. They got back in touch though and basically asked for an updated CV as there opening up another position! So it already seems quite positive as they asked him!!

Regarding family, we arent the type to speak every day or see each other as much as we can, but we are close and really get on.

Our parents know about the potential move....my mum is very excited but terrified at the thought her daughter may move to the other side of the world!! and Pauls dad knows but is more on the side of how much its gong to cost us...I think he is excited but like my mum, terrified!!

Its a massive, huge, crazy thing that could happen but not something we could miss out on!!:nah: LOL

The potential job I think is going to be open very soon...I think they would like Paul to be out there very early next year!! So I dont really know how we go about everything...I think BAE would help with a lot. But of course we have our pooch that we couldnt part with....hes my little man, I couldnt imagine leaving him!!!

I have my fingers crossed for news every day!!

Kashia :notworthy:

For your dog check out Petair UK as we will be taking our dog (Wire haired fox terrier) and that will between £4-5k.

As for moving over I think you need to decide if you are taking all your electrical goods such as fridges/washing machine/dryer as these are more expensive in Oz (especially fridges). Most people seem to advise to take as much as possible and that's what we are doing but it's a personal choice.

If you need to know anything just put a search in and you'll find a thread that covers it.

PS - bit breezy here in Blackpool today!

Well we weren't sure whether or not we could actually take electricals as do they not use different sockets? Thats probably a very stupid question!!!

Would it be cheaper to just buy different extensions?

Yes it's rubbish the weather in Blackpool! Whereabouts are you?

I'm dreading finding out the cost of shipping the dog.....it'll be a tough one!

Hmm yes....Paul is a gooden at handy work so im sure he could do some re-wiring at some point!!

Well im near Blackpool airport.....honestly I have never heard of Carleton lol!!!

So how come you came to England in the first place? Just off reading your sig...

Ah ok.

We were supposed to get an update today about the job and apparently they have nothing to report:mad:

They have schedulled another call for Monday! So its fingers crossed for then now!!!

I know where Poulton is lol!

So when are you due to fly out? Do you have everything set up and ready to go?:wink:

Well we are frantically trying to do the house up ready to sell and as soon as that sells - which could take ages the way things are - we are looking to go out July 2012 as our eldest is doing his GCSE's and we want him to finish them; even though he will have to go back to school when we get over there.

Had a frightening though today and that was besides doing the house up we should really start cleaning things so to get them through customs!!