Guest weelou

House rentals

Guest weelou

Hi my husband, myself and 4 kids are emmigrating for scotland to Adelaide on the 2nd Nov, we are struggling to secure a rental or furnished rental for us arriving, they are all booked. Can anyone HELP PLEASE as we are getting desperate...need to secure something asap or we will be sleeping in the car haha. Accomadatrion needs to be near schools and all ammenities for all my kids, there ages are 16,14,11 & nearly 5.I would be grateful for any help thanks...Louise:arghh:

Guest NatKat

Hi Louise,

We will have our 4br house ready for rent for 6months from January 2012 in Blackwood and are happy to rent it furnished. Doesn't look as if it will help you in the immediate future but PM me if you are interested in more details. I have just joined the forum and can't post in the accommodation available section for 30 days. I have also put together some information on schools, childcare, amenities and transport in our area which you might be interested in.

Regards

Kirsten

Hi my husband, myself and 4 kids are emmigrating for scotland to Adelaide on the 2nd Nov, we are struggling to secure a rental or furnished rental for us arriving, they are all booked. Can anyone HELP PLEASE as we are getting desperate...need to secure something asap or we will be sleeping in the car haha. Accomadatrion needs to be near schools and all ammenities for all my kids, there ages are 16,14,11 & nearly 5.I would be grateful for any help thanks...Louise:arghh:

Don't worry too much about your short term rental being near schools etc. Just get something for a few weeks to tide you over, get a hire car, and check out areas, jobs and schools all over. It is more important, particularly with kids the ages your older two are, to find a school that suits them rather than just go for the school nearest your short term accommodation, and as I've said on other threads, unless you know already where you will be working, you could shoot yourself in the foot by signing up to something that could easily mean over an hours commute each way, each day.

Have a look at the accommodation available section under this one, or look at a site such as Stayz, or website such as http://www.realestateowners.net.au and just find something anywhere for your dates, then prepare for lots of driving around in the first couple of weeks!

Good luck

Check out Century21 holiday rentals and look for the price for over 4 weeks stay as it is cheaper then. Also, as the weather will be warm have you looked into holiday cabins? There is a nice looking one in Kingston Park, not sure what area you are looking at though. There are plenty of other holiday parks too. I'm sure something will get sorted soon :-)

All the best!

Guest babka

Did you find somewhere yet? Are you just looking for short term? Our house might be available to rent, but only for 1 month, as we'll be arriving early December... I'm not sure what the furniture situation is in there (will have to check with my father-in-law) and it's only 3 bedrooms - though at least two of them are a decent size), but it's a great location (walking distance to centre of town, etc).

Guest weelou

Thanks Babka, we have secured a rental in Flagstaff Hill for 1 yr. Louise

Guest rockape

Hi kirsten,

Just seen your blog and was wondering if your house is still available for rental in January 2012. Myself, husband and 2 children will be arriving on the 9th January, with my oldest son following us out in April. Could you message me with more details if appropriate it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Debbie