andy and lindsey

Nursing Rates of Pay

Hi thought this might be interesting for any nurses that are thinking of coming to Australia - give you an idea of your earning potential.

These rates take effect from Dec 1 2011. This is rates within public hospitals - private is usually slightly less. There is an additional increase in August 2012

http://www.anmfsa.org.au/library/up_new_ps_payrates_1011_2.pdf

Lindsey

What good news! I think I met you in the shopping centre in Aldinga the other day Andy?

All the best x

Guest gazzman

What pay level will a staff nurse band 5 with 13 yrs exp be on and can you explain what a level1 and level 2 nurse is please.

Cheers

Forgot to mention for those in that are still in the UK - most public hospitals like to see proff of length of service so that you will be paid at the correct year level. Get a print out from HR with ALL your employment details and more importantly the hours you have worked. The year is calculated in actual hours. If you are struggling to get this info i believe NHS Pensions (in Blackpool or at least it was when I was last there) have a record especially if you've moved around lots like I did. I struggled when we arrived as I didn't have this and Flinders wanted to pay me at a level 1 year 4.

Guest gazzman
    Hi a band 5 with 13 years experience would be a level 1 year 9.
    Cheers Andy that helps me to understand the pay bands better now. I have already asked Hr for the proof of hours and length of service.