Guest w.lomas

What is the Carpentry trade like in Adelaide at the moment?

Guest w.lomas

[h=2]What is the carpentry trade like in Adelaide at the moment?[/h]

I need an honest opinion please, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the carpentry trade was like in Adelaide at the moment?

Is there enough work long term?

I have been applying online and there doesn't seem to be many jobs, moneys running out fast and I may consider going back to England if I can't find work.

Any information on the job situation would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Will.

[h=2][/h]

Hi Will

How long have you been looking for work in Adelaide? It can take people time to come back to you on jobs which I know does not help when you are first starting out. Have you got your white card?

Guest guest569

so where are you at the moment ?? Your post sounds like your not in Adelaide as your applying online and not mentioning paper adverts or any word of mouth vacancies ???? There is work out there but you need to push yourself in the doors and talk the talk !! This isn't a dig at you its just Adelaide is very small city and alot of recomendation and who you know goes along way here !!!

My husband got work by word of mouth within 2 weeks of arrival, but it is casual only. There is alot of new housing planned in the South and I think tradies are optimistic that the recent drought of work is on the upturn. Lets hope so!!