Guest Adel

Child Allowance

Guest Adel

Hi all,

Its feels bit awkward :realmad:but could any one let me know what would be the approximate allowance for 2 kids (3 and 5 Yrs) for a new immigrate with no job and arrived at state sponsorship visa 176.

Regards

Adel

Guest Heather2011
    Hi all,

Its feels bit awkward :realmad:but could any one let me know what would be the approximate allowance for 2 kids (3 and 5 Yrs) for a new immigrate with no job and arrived at state sponsorship visa 176.

Regards

Adel

Found this link on the internet:

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/payments/ftb_a_rates.htm

We are in the same boat.

Heather

Guest Adel

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the reply but I am bit surprised since I was told that the allowance for each of the child would be approx 450 fortnightly but t=it is actually only 164 AUD. Are you receiving the same amount.

Adel

Guest Heather2011
    Hi Heather,

Thanks for the reply but I am bit surprised since I was told that the allowance for each of the child would be approx 450 fortnightly but t=it is actually only 164 AUD. Are you receiving the same amount.

Adel

Hi Adel

It is per child, not an expert though, i think there are other things you can get depending on your income. It is still more than the UK (£134 per 4 weeks - 207aud per fortnight.

Not lodged yet, still waiting for state sponsorship.

Heather

You can also claim rent allowance if you are not working or on a low wage, and that is means tested also. Last year I was getting rent allowance of $80 a fortnight from centrelink, it's paid with your family tax benefit.

Guest Peachie

If you on a low or no income the need to fill in forms for child benifit (has other name on line) and tax bracket A as well you may also be able to get the school card which gains you reduced school fees ect

Tax bracket A is not just for low income but if you only earn part year (ie we arrived end on nov and started work jan so only had 6 months wage so counted as low earner for first year) be aware that if you take all these benifits then get a job at tax time all your earning and socail payments are looked at and if you earned more than the threashold (which is very low for some of these ie school card ) then you will have to payback the benifits you recieved

the exception is the quaterly or annual rebate on your child care fees which unlike eveything else is not means tested but that is proposed to change (not definate at yet?)