Guest ozdreamsa

Bringing Family member as PR

Guest ozdreamsa

Hi guys,

I have been digging for answers and ways to bring my mom and my nephew to Australia as PR.

But, what I can see that the old parent PR visa starts from the age of 65 which will not be applicable to my mom and looks like this kind of visa takes ages. Is there any other options?

Even if they are in OZ on temporary visa, they will not be entitled to get medicare, is there any affordable private insurance to cover them?

Thank you

Are you your nephew's guardian? In which case you should be able to get him a visa as a dependent. I would talk to an agent asap about this, since it's clearly not a run of the mill situation.

Sorry I don't know much about parent visas, but I'm sure there are lots of people here who do know. Otherwise there's a sticky thread over on the pomsinoz migration section dedicated to parent visas.

You mean, "Are there any other options?".

GM

Do you have anything to offer the OP in terms of actual help toward the thread topic? Otherwise from a mod POV I might just think you are being pedantic and/or condescending and I for one would be disappointed if that were the case.

We like to think people who join this forum are here to contribute posting toward the migration process, living in SA, sharing their stories, their experiences and so on. Not just posting solely to correct people on their grammar.

And before anyone else replies on the subject, I'd like to keep to the actual OP topic please :)

Thanks.

ozdreamsa, I don't know much about any of what you are asking, but please read posts by Gollywobbler on the parent visa subject. A wealth of info to be found on this forum in that respect.

Also perhaps ask over on PIO as lots of people there seem to post stuff about visas for parents/family members etc and there are some knowledgeable people over there.

Good luck :)

Guest ozdreamsa

Hi snifter, thank you for the info. I have checked most of them and will soon check Goly's posts.

I have been following PIO's thread too, hope to see some light soon.

Hi guys,

I have been digging for answers and ways to bring my mom and my nephew to Australia as PR.

But, what I can see that the old parent PR visa starts from the age of 65 which will not be applicable to my mom and looks like this kind of visa takes ages. Is there any other options?

Even if they are in OZ on temporary visa, they will not be entitled to get medicare, is there any affordable private insurance to cover them?

Thank you

Hi Ozdreamsa

You have not supplied enough information to enable anyone to give you an accurate steer.

To be able to help, I would need the following information, please:-

1. What nationality is Mum?

2. How old is she?

3, Does she have any skills that would enable her to get a skilled visa?

4. Is Mum financially dependent on you? If "yes," why wasn't she included as a Dependant in your own visa application?

5. How old is your nephew?

6. Does he live with Mum as her dependant?

7. If he's not under 18 and dependent on Mum, does he have any relevant skills?

I'm sure that there are other questions as well but these would be enough to get started.

I appreciate that you would not want to plaster your family's details all over the www! If you wish, please send me a Private Message instead.

Cheers

Gill