Guest scmercer

Advice Needed on Returning Residents Visa

Guest scmercer

Hi Everyone

I have been looking into this for some time now but still unsure how you qualify for this. We have PR but returned to the UK after just under 2 yrs in Adelaide. (literally a week under 2 years!!) What I want to determine is whether I would be eligible for a RRV after my current visa expires or do I need to have two full years in Australia out of five years.

If I do need two years, would a holiday in Australia to gain the extra weeks I need qualify me for this?

We do want to return in the future but not sure if we could do this before our visa expires, so we just need to know how we could qualify for the RRV.

Thanks

Sheila

Guest ozdreamsa

Hi Sheila, my guess is that another 1 week+ spent in OZ b4 it expires will enable you for RRV on the current rules. Let's see other members experience and advice.

Guest scmercer

I hope so. I cant believe I didn't research this before I left!!

Thanks

Sheila

Hi Everyone

I have been looking into this for some time now but still unsure how you qualify for this. We have PR but returned to the UK after just under 2 yrs in Adelaide. (literally a week under 2 years!!) What I want to determine is whether I would be eligible for a RRV after my current visa expires or do I need to have two full years in Australia out of five years.

If I do need two years, would a holiday in Australia to gain the extra weeks I need qualify me for this?

We do want to return in the future but not sure if we could do this before our visa expires, so we just need to know how we could qualify for the RRV.

Thanks

Sheila

Hi Sheila

Have you read the burble about RRVs? If not, here is a link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/residents/

If you are 7 days short, I would suggest that the whole family should go to Oz for at least 14 days, so that the DIAC computer won't choke on the cornflakes.

If you are in Oz then you might be able to obtain RRVs from the local DIAC office whilst you are there. (Ergo, your holiday must take place right next to a DIAC office unless you like traipsing around!)

If the local DIAC office won't play ball, are you British? If so, the Australian High Commission staff in London are usually very helpful.

DO NOT get visas in order to go to Oz. You already have visas that permit multiple entry to Oz. A later visa usually cancels an earlier visa so please be sure to avoid that particular trap.

Cheers

Gill

Guest scmercer

thanks Gill.

We are British so maybe will contact the Australian High Commission in London.

Thanks for your help.