howard

Ideas???

Hi follks!

Can anyone make any suggestions for something a bit different for dinner for the Family - I feel as if I'm doing the same old thing all of the time and want a change. I'm not too keen on cooking - its just one of those things I have to do!!

Here's hoping!

Thanks in advance

Jo

:jiggy::jiggy:

Tacos, buy the kits and add beef or chicken mince.........yiros, buy chicken or lamb yiros meat from any butchers and the breads at the supermarket.....both good hands on food for the kids to build themselves :0) or homemade pasties

Just a few to start you off

Jo

Pizza s are quick and easy,on ciabatta, Mexican enchiladas , chilli & rice with tortilla or in wraps with side salads,- it depends slot on what the usual things are you have been doing.

If it's a case of meat and two veg, change the way you are preparing the meat, eg.. Stick it in a marinate the night before you require it, think in advance and plan a head.

Kebabs are another easy option, meat veg,fruit.,with rice,cous cous

Veg wise you could always do mixed roasted veg, add some garlic,herbs etc.. And do in the oven. What's not eaten turn into soup and have with some crusty bread.,

I could go on & on...., have a look on line

Thankyou!!

Lots to be getting on with then!:biglaugh:

I have looked on line too but no-one talks back to me!!

Jox

You won't find that on here,lol. There will always be a reply. Enjoy and don't be too hard on yourself should things not always work out, even the best still mike mistake

Andrew

Guest guest3462
    Pizza s are quick and easy,on ciabatta, Mexican enchiladas , chilli & rice with tortilla or in wraps with side salads,- it depends slot on what the usual things are you have been doing.

If it's a case of meat and two veg, change the way you are preparing the meat, eg.. Stick it in a marinate the night before you require it, think in advance and plan a head.

Kebabs are another easy option, meat veg,fruit.,with rice,cous cous

Veg wise you could always do mixed roasted veg, add some garlic,herbs etc.. And do in the oven. What's not eaten turn into soup and have with some crusty bread.,

I could go on & on...., have a look on line

We are having a roast chicken dinner tonight with roasted veggies, i'm going to do extra now then we can have soup for lunch tomorrow - Thanks! :-)

Are you making chicken stock from your chicken bones?,use this in your soup will taste great, the soup will be cracking,:),

Are you making chicken stock from your chicken bones?,use this in your soup will taste great, the soup will be cracking,:),

Thanks Andy - I see youre a chef - perhaps cooking lessons as a little side earner!!

We are having a roast chicken dinner tonight with roasted veggies, i'm going to do extra now then we can have soup for lunch tomorrow - Thanks! :-)

Oooh what times tea??:biglaugh:

Thanks Andy - I see youre a chef - perhaps cooking lessons as a little side earner!!

I like your thinking, if there is anything I can help you wih give us a shout,it would have to be when I'm not on the job, :)

Guest guest3462

Yes Andy I always do, it makes a cracking gravy too! I think im looking forward to this soup more than the dinner now lol! x

Guest acm344

Good idea - freezing the stock. Then we can just add vegetables.

Guest Adelaide_bound

1) pasta bake (pasta layered with a tomato sauce - either home-made or bought if you don't want to open a can of tinned toms - and cheese then bunged in the oven)

2) Oven risotto - basically the same as a risotto, but just put it into an oven dish and bung it in the oven when it comes to slowly adding the liquid, it does lose a little in the speed and ease, but not huge amounts imho, and if its family dinner, it still tastes cracking)

3) Jambalaya - whatever you've got as leftover stirfried with rice, then add some chopped tinned toms and bubble away for a bit with some spices

4) slow cooker casserole - bung anything in, leave it to cook all day - lovely stew for dinner (probably not for ultra hot summer days though)

5)Smoked mackerel cheese on toast - google 'nigel slater mackerel on toast' - so yummy and surprisingly filling

6)The chicken stock from the carcas of a roast chicken, turned into hot Asian chicken soup, with chillis, bok choi and noodles added

7) leftover chicken from the roast chicken = anything tex-mex (enchiladas/fajitas/tacos/nachos/quesedos etc) (or the risotto in 2, and/or add some to the jambalaya in 3)

Need more? (So so so LOVE cooking for family lol)

Guest ladyarkles

Chicken goujons (coated in your own recipe breadcrumbs) go really well with a spicy Thai-style mango salad.

My favourite tea at the moment!

~ Rachel