Guest juandbren

visa running out

Guest juandbren

Hi,

could anyome tell me what would happen,if we could not sell our house before our visa runs out on 5th July 2011.If I arrived in Adelaide before the expiry date,and my wife and two daughters followed hopefully when the house was sold.Would they be allowed entry with an expired visa but being my family would this not be a problem.Just trying to think of solutions to the bad house market at the moment.

Thanks

Bren, Julie,Erin,Jasmine.

It reads as though your visa has already expired.

You all need to enter australia before the deadline of the date of first entry to Australia on your visa. This may mean you have to do a validation trip, to keep your visa 'alive'. You all need to have lived in Australia for a minimum of 2 years to be able to apply for a Residents Return Visa if your visa has expired. If your wife and children were to try and enter permanently on an expired visa, they would not be permitted to do so.

That is my understanding of it

Same as above. You all have to enter before your visa entry date on the visa is terminated and you have to start the process all over again.

Guest jaxndel

You all have to validate your visa's before the expiry date. Did you mean 2012?? Good luck to you all.

We couldnt sell ours in 2007 so came out for validation trip early 2008, bought us some extra time to sell house. We moved permanently one year later. You all have to enter by visa validation date but dont have to stay.