Toni

Beware contaminated fuel

:shocked:

My brother's car broke down a few weeks ago and he didn't make the link til later. It was half an hour after he filled up with petrol and he could tell the car was on the verge of a breakdown and took it to where he gets his car regularly serviced. The car was out of action for over 10days and they examined the fuel and it was contaminated. Luckily he kept his receipt and was able to verify where he bought it from and is in the process of making a claim. It's taught me to keep my receipts instead of throwing it in the bin (not til later anyway). (It was quite costly to repair too.)

We're pretty sure they fixed the problem because they had the pump sectioned off and were doing work on it when we drove by another time. It would have impacted on a few people. It's somewhere we've been to lots of times and definitely not had a problem with them. Are we allowed to name them on a public forum without getting into trouble?

Guest MrsHills

We have had a problem with our car then so did our neighbours and it was only when we chatted that we found out we had bought our petrol from same servo, cant say the name..... but sounds similar to DT!

Yeah sorry. No one has answered my question about whether it is ok to name someone but I think it's not likely, so best to be cautious unless I sign in under an anonymous name. Maybe Zorro or something like that and I can wear a mask.

I guess the point really is to keep the receipt. I've hardly ever kept the receipt in the past which I am now hanging on to for a couple of days because the damage happens pretty immediately. The insurance company has accepted the claim as they have done the tests on the fuel too and they are going to take it up with the petrol station.

We have had a problem with our car then so did our neighbours and it was only when we chatted that we found out we had bought our petrol from same servo, cant say the name..... but sounds similar to DT!

Send me a pm - if it's the same servo then you should be able to get some reimbursement for your damage. It cost over $1600 in damages for us.

I think if your not allowed to put the name the mods hunt you down and leave you out in the sun for the flies to slowly eat you alive mhhaaa

or they just blank the name with stars like when you put a norty word ;)

Guest Guest5035

i think its better if we all pm the servos location/name

stevo