Guest edenfieldpoms

Seafood high

Guest edenfieldpoms

Hi can anyone help me, I need info on seaford high, has anyone got the school prospectus that they can email me. I have contacted the school but they haven't responded.

Any pros and cons would be really appreciated.

Thanks

April

Guest Guest6899

Hi do you mean Seaford 6-12 school?? if so they are very slow. we have mailed them (no reply) phoned twice, they returned a call left message would call again next day then didnt call back. So we just dropped in yesterday!! the chap was in but didnt come to see us said he will call today, lets wait and see. I have a leaflet that i picked up from the school but to be honest its the same as the website. Its not good when your trying to sort things. We looked at All Saints for Ethan and they were very good but although its cheap at primary felt it maybe out of our budget for high school.

Good luck with trying Lisa

Please bear in mind that this is the very busiest time of the year for any high schools, as the Year 12s are sitting their final exams, so make allowances if schools might be a bit slow in responding.

Guest NatKat

Hi April

Can't give you a personal opinion on the school but this site gives statistical information on academic performance (NAPLAN results) and the financial resources of individual schools : http://www.myschool.edu.au

Regards

Kirsten

Hi

I have had three boys at Seaford 6 - 12 two have left now after completing there year 11 and 12. One is still there. They are different abilities and this school has catered for all. When we got here two years ago we went to different high schools and the lads like this school the best as they felt the teaching staff had treated them like adults and listened to their opinions and expectations of a school. When the oldest went there he was 18 and half one of the oldest in the year 12 he went back to school here to meet friends and get his SACE. He thoroughly enjoyed it did some fantastice things and meet some really nice friends. The staff was great with him knowing he didnt really want to be there as he has left school in the uk over 12mths before.

People told me this school was feral when we first got here. They do have their ups and downs like any school and its not the school for everyone.

However, I have always found the teaching staff to go out of their way to help and support. I was a teacher in the Uk so can speak from both sides of the fence parent and teacher. It is very usual they have not responded or phoned as Diane said it is a busy time for them as its in the middle of the exams.

Hope this helps Janine

Guest edenfieldpoms

Thanks to all of you for your replies, sorry about the misspelling, I can be a right dumbo sometimes.

I will try again at the end of the month. There's no big rush.

Is it a good academic school? My daughter is more academic than physical.

Ta april

Guest Guest6899
    Hi

I have had three boys at Seaford 6 - 12 two have left now after completing there year 11 and 12. One is still there. They are different abilities and this school has catered for all. When we got here two years ago we went to different high schools and the lads like this school the best as they felt the teaching staff had treated them like adults and listened to their opinions and expectations of a school. When the oldest went there he was 18 and half one of the oldest in the year 12 he went back to school here to meet friends and get his SACE. He thoroughly enjoyed it did some fantastice things and meet some really nice friends. The staff was great with him knowing he didnt really want to be there as he has left school in the uk over 12mths before.

People told me this school was feral when we first got here. They do have their ups and downs like any school and its not the school for everyone.

However, I have always found the teaching staff to go out of their way to help and support. I was a teacher in the Uk so can speak from both sides of the fence parent and teacher. It is very usual they have not responded or phoned as Diane said it is a busy time for them as its in the middle of the exams.

Hope this helps Janine

Hi, is there any chance my eldest son can speak with your older children?? he is 16 just finished gcse's in UK done fantasic and wants to do sace but stressing about not getting any information about courses etc. we could meet, phone or email he is on pia too.

Lisa