advise pleeeasee

diggerlcfc

We have recently received our visas, i have been looking on the internet for advise on schooling for my girls 11-14, where the most desirable places to live, out door activities and jobs, i know i should spend more time on just one thing at a time, which i have tried for a little while, but so much information comes up and now my head is spinning and i dont know what im really looking for and who do you trust on these sites etc etc......please people of P-I-A help help help:arghh::arghh:

Gary

Guest Guest5035
We have recently received our visas, i have been looking on the internet for advise on schooling for my girls 11-14, where the most desirable places to live, out door activities and jobs, i know i should spend more time on just one thing at a time, which i have tried for a little while, but so much information comes up and now my head is spinning and i dont know what im really looking for and who do you trust on these sites etc etc......please people of P-I-A help help help:arghh::arghh:

Gary

Ahh Mate, you are a leicester fan and myself a ex forest fan, now you want some info, well i might be able to help, but first you have to say I LOVE FOREST lol lol

Think the thing to do is search the forum, cause theres heaps and heaps of info on here that people have written about. Write a list of what you want to know and break it down on what you want, so you are a plumber, your oh?, your kids into sports, your activities, private schools or state/govermnent ones etc etc, then the answers will follow.

Stevo (go the reds)

HI Gary

We used to live in Leicester - Leicester forest East, then Thorpe Astley............ We have 2 daughters aged 14 & 11 and they both attend Tatachillia (which we would recommend, its a great school) http://www.tatachilla.sa.edu.au/ which is in Mclaren Vale area.

We live in Moana, next to Moana Beach, and my husband works in the city. Theres lots and lots to do down this area and its a beautiful place.........beach, surf club, lots of sporting activities - its all here. We have a few friends that are plumbers and all work in the southern suburbs.......

Hope Ive given you a starting point for more research

Feel free for any more advice

Sarah

Hi Gary,

Best bet is to get a hire car from day one and drive all over the place....get a feel for the areas.

Where you stay may be influenced by where you work unless you are willing to commute.

There are differences of opinion between north and scenic south! but a lot will depend upon whether you are renting or buying.

Take a look at the suburbs from Hallett Cove to Aldinga with Port Noarlunga and the Seaford areas being very popular.

Tamara

You'll generally be looking at high schools for your kids at that age, so I would focus on that first as most of the best state schools have catchment areas. Do either of your daughters have particular interests - drama, music, languages, sport? Are you looking for an academic school or a more vocational type place? Mixed sex or all girls? That might help narrow things down a little. I only have personal experience of the schools in the east and north east, and we are so lucky on this side of town that there is a great choice, including some excellent schools, as well as good sports clubs, good transport, beautiful scenery, great range of housing, good shops etc. There is a website www.northeast.net.au which is a good resource for all that sort of info in the North East suburbs. Let me know if I can help with anything specific.

try the DECS website.....a government website that gives heaps of information on both public and private schools across the state.

MYSCHOOL is another website to try;

Once you know the area you want to be in/ can afford, you can check out the schools in those areas, and their proximity to home for travelling etc.

Its a good place to start, your search, and will help when you look for a home.

In the East, and north you have some very good schools like Marryatville, Norwood Morialta, Pembroke, St Peters girls, Loretto girls, Glenunga international, to name a few.

Good luck, and hope the world stops turning soon!!

Jane