Guest rachinadelaide

Warning: Flagrant bragging alert...!

Guest rachinadelaide

We made, grew and delivered our own little Aussie...... She may resemble a potato but it's a very cute potato!! Now to bring her up taking full advantage of the great Aussie lifestyle, she will be raised with sand between her toes and the smell of (vegetarian) sausages on her clothes!

Laura 24-25 oct 2011 045.jpg

A huge thanks to pommie midwife Janet (if you are out there) - we discussed poms in adelaide between contractions! We had our little spud at Ashford hospital and everyone there was fantastic - I can highly recommend it.

Laura 29-30 oct 2011 010.jpg

Guest rachinadelaide
    Aww well done to you all! Does she have a name yet?

Laura. I wanted to call her Tahini but we decided only celebrities can get away with that sort of nonsense! We really struggled to come up with any names we both thought were acceptable.

When we were young and irresponsible we were travelling in Lithuania and were lucky enough to spend a day with a nun called Laura. She showed us around the monastery and around her home city then took us to a bar and proceded to get drunk while we drank coffee! We can't wait to tell the little one that story when she is old enough to ask where her name comes from....

Aww beautiful name too, you'll have to take her to visit the town (village?) of Laura as well in SA - I think it's on the way to Melrose

Guest rachinadelaide

Thanks everyone! We are 'stoked' with our tiny aussie. After a non-maternal life and pregnancy it's a relief to be so besotted!