nikkinoodlesuk

UK Passports

I know I've seen this asked before, but where do you apply for renewal of UK passports from here

and who do you get to counter sign them?

Just booked a trip back and realised the kids won't have the required full six months left on their passports for the return journey and been advised to renew before we leave.

Cheers

nikki

I think the countersigner needs to be a holder of a British Commnwealth passport - with the usual teacher/policeman/accountant position "in society" so if you know someone in one of those jobs who has an Aussie passport, that fills the requirements (I think - it's a while since OH did his) - otherwise you might know one of the ex-pom policemen who could do it for you...

Guest Pam777

aussie passport holders can countersign. i work at a dentist surgery and the dentist signed for me. print forms out on internet and go to australia post website and they will show you which post office you can go to and apply for renewal. you need to make an appointment.

As an aside, it's just kids who need their renewals countersigned. Adults only need a counter-signature if their appearance has changed lots since the last photo.