Guest kubanpete

IT jobs in Adelaide

Guest kubanpete

Hi After a year or so I finally have my 176 visa. I am looking for some info regarding IT work in Adelaide. My background is mainly in Windows based O/S's (WSindows NT, 2003, XP, 7 etc) but I am also familiar with Unix systems. I am currently employed in the UK as a Mobile 3rd line server/desktop support engineer but have also worked as senior systems engineer, senior implementaion engineer, team leader in charge of a service centre plus other IT roles in my 25 year career, I also have full SC clearence for the MOD in the UK. Fisrtly are there any blue chip companies in Adelaide which I could contact ie HP,IBM,DELL,CISCO etc ? Where would my fisrt port of call be for recruitment? Are the job fairs in the UK any good? Does anybody have any good contacts in the IT industry that I could contact and send my CV to? any info would be appreciated. Regards Zac

Guest johnosmad
    Hi After a year or so I finally have my 176 visa. I am looking for some info regarding IT work in Adelaide. My background is mainly in Windows based O/S's (WSindows NT, 2003, XP, 7 etc) but I am also familiar with Unix systems. I am currently employed in the UK as a Mobile 3rd line server/desktop support engineer but have also worked as senior systems engineer, senior implementaion engineer, team leader in charge of a service centre plus other IT roles in my 25 year career, I also have full SC clearence for the MOD in the UK. Fisrtly are there any blue chip companies in Adelaide which I could contact ie HP,IBM,DELL,CISCO etc ? Where would my fisrt port of call be for recruitment? Are the job fairs in the UK any good? Does anybody have any good contacts in the IT industry that I could contact and send my CV to? any info would be appreciated. Regards Zac

I am currently working for HP and its a pretty good workplace, Only 1st level but as you can imagine its a pretty big workplace and they have people on every level. You might as well scrap the security clearance as well, I brought mine across and its useless in Australia, you need to get it from the Ozzy Govt, I am not 100% but I believe you have to wait to be a citizen as well for the Security Clearance, If you let me know when you are coming over I can maybe find out a contact for HP and also can give you the recruitment agent I went through.

Cheers

Johno

Guest kubanpete
    I am currently working for HP and its a pretty good workplace, Only 1st level but as you can imagine its a pretty big workplace and they have people on every level. You might as well scrap the security clearance as well, I brought mine across and its useless in Australia, you need to get it from the Ozzy Govt, I am not 100% but I believe you have to wait to be a citizen as well for the Security Clearance, If you let me know when you are coming over I can maybe find out a contact for HP and also can give you the recruitment agent I went through.

Cheers

Johno

Cheers Johno

Thanks for the tip. I fly in Perth in April next year to see relatives and then I will be coming over to Adelaide for a few days to scout the place out. If you could drop me the agent name you used that would be great and if you could send me the IT admin e-mail contact for HP i will send them a CV and covering letter etc.

Best Regards

Zac

Guest Mitchell

Hi. I work in Defence and can confirm that you have to be a citizen to get SC here.

Guest dbillia

Hi Johno,

Like kubanpete I have an utterly useless (in OZ) MOD SC clearance but am interested in any roles that HP may have to offer. I would really appreciate the contact details of your agent as I am arriving in early Jan and would like to get stuck in as soon as possible.

You can email dominic at billia dot co dot uk (not my skillset just a sideline!).

Thanks and Merry Xmas.

We had guests a few months ago...and he was ex UK military. Told him the same story about security clearance but he quoted their own documentation back to them plus a letter from the Oz security people and he was successful. Seems like a real grey area.

Tamara

hi, working in a technology team in a bank. some of the contractors here have gone through wipro, infosys & peoplebank if contracting interests you.