ajford

Fishing for first time in Port Norlunga

Going to go this Thursday to the think,try off the bridge near where the sea meets the sea ish to start with for couple of hours once kids have finished school, not been fishing for some 20 years,

Besides the rod,hooks and bait is there anything else I should be thinking about taking? Like I said it's been a very long time.

Not to fussed what I might catch if anything, got to start somewhere. My son said that all I will catch is seagulls lol.

Just tied my first hook,let's hope it stays on

Andrew.

Guest guest569

I was down there last night and there are alot of fish about at the moment.One guy had some big ones in his bucket. The surf club said there was a shark about and had scared the fish to the river from the sea .:shocked:

Guest The Morleys

Hi Andrew

My mate Mark and I are off on Thu or Fri but will be on the beach just over the bridge, trying to catch the shark lol. If you fancy coming over we will be the 2 ugly blokes with the same hats on (sad) pretending we know what we are doing. Just keep walking down shouting Mark and Marcus till you stop getting funny looks...Mark will be able to give you some tips

Cheers Marcus, I will keep my eye out for the two of you too& hats,lol on Thursday . I will be easy to spot also, I will be the one looking lost with a hi vis bait bag,combi rod and tattoos,

Looking forward to the tips(Mark ), just got some hooks at the moment nothing fancy just yet. Bait wise got a bit of squid,some corn and a lot of hope :)

Guest Guest75

Call into Angler's Choice on Beach Road,Christies Beach. Top blokes in there,very free with advice and tips.

cheers Tyke.

I am a total novice really when it comes to more than just a rod and wheel and hooks, i will have to pay them a visit and get a couple of things . May be one day i will catch some snapper like yourself and co,:)

Sweet, nice one see you there,Mason might be there too depends how he gets on with the vaccinations.

With all this help i might one day catch something .

Cheers in advance all.

Guest The Morleys

Hi Andrew

Weve had a change of plan, we are off sellicks on Friday about 5 ish. We will drive on if you fancy joining us, we will be in a white kia carnival and a blue kia 4x4....i hate kias lol

Marcus

No worries , there will be other times, can't make Friday sons got board training. I think I went to the right pac today, southport, near the surf club just down from the bridge,

We had a good Couple of hours we got lucky and caught heaps of ............. Seaweed, I local fisherman asked how things were going he sad we were in the right spot so to speak and suggested we casted around 20-25ft out, he said there was a deep channel running through. I responded with oh I was casting as far out as I could, he said the middle was full of seaweed . Yer no minding mate. At least I know a bit more now and must take more bait next time so I have a little to throw in too to bring those fish in.

Can't wait to get out again know might catch something.

When I can go again I will post on here see if any of you are knocking about.

Thanks all

Andrew

Guest guest569

did mason have a green t shirt on and a little girl in yellow ?? I went down for a walk but could only see one group fishing.

Just be careful in them there dunes mate, will have to come down with you one day..and see if the two of us can do any better...hope your all ok...see you today hopefully...i gotta goto city to do my demo recording for radio...

HG