Pantomimes

Diane

If anyone wants to take their kids to a pantomime this year, Tea Tree Players one is doing Little Red Riding Hood. Tickets, dates, etc are on their website: http://www.teatreeplayers.com/

If anyone hears of any others out and about, perhaps they could put details on this thread? I know it's not a very widespread thing, but if you have kids and like a good bit of boo-ing and hiss-ing (or even if you don't have kids, I guess..) then pantomimes are a good outlet for that!

I was talking to hubby about panto the other day. Obviously panto isn't done to quite the scale it is in the UK but its good to know it does happen :smile:

We are off to see a big production of Peter Pan here in the UK before Christmas and are really looking forward to it. Mind you, ticket price alone is almost £90 for 3 of us!!!! :huh::wacko: But knowing the big panto productions it'll be a great day out and our son will really enjoy it which is the main thing.

$12 each for the Tea Tree Players one, Snifter! But they don't have big productions like in the UK with famous stars in the roles, or not that I know of anyway. Always surprises me really, with all the English people that have come over here - to all the Australian cities - that it's not something that's been brought over! I guess it's something that's uniquely English theatre though, which might not translate to the rich mix of nationalities here.. who knows? That's not to say that England isn't as racially diverse, but I guess it has its history and roots there..