Sign in to follow this  
Guest zedlee

help with visa..

Guest zedlee

hi

we're just in the process of looking into moving over to aus. Im coming over as a plumber. Could anybody tell me , do i have to get the skills assesment before applying for our visa, and, i know its probably different for everybody but on average how long does the visa application take to finalise

thanks for your help

lee

Guest JPT07

Hi Lee, We applied to come over last January. My OH is a carpenter and had to pass the TRA first, the visa was lodged beginning of March, we had our medicals in June and we received our visa in September (07). We arrived in Adelaide a few weeks ago and it is looking good so far. Hope this is of some help.

:v_SPIN:

Guest soggy

Hi,

you do have to get your skills assessment done first, plumbers are now assessed in UK, have a look at http://www.vetassess.com.au/ this site gives you the info needed for the trade assessment.

If your visa application goes well it could be about a year to a year and half, just make sure you give as much information at every stage, and don't assume anyone will know anything along the way and you should be OK.

Simon

Guest Kiki

Hi Lee

My OH is a Plumber, we applied via the old process but as Simon says its now changed. We also used an Agent. We started the thinking process Feb last year and got the Visa Dec 07. We are now waiting for the house to sell... ARGH!!!

Anyone questions re Plumbing side PM us we will try to help.

Kimberley

Guest nicolette
    Hi Lee, We applied to come over last January. My OH is a carpenter and had to pass the TRA first, the visa was lodged beginning of March, we had our medicals in June and we received our visa in September (07). We arrived in Adelaide a few weeks ago and it is looking good so far. Hope this is of some help.

:v_SPIN:

Hi there, just noticed your reply to Lee and noticed you said your other half is a carpenter and my husband is a joiner also. We had our visas granted in December and are thinking about moving to Adelaide although it is one place we havent been but have some friends there and it sounds really nice. My husband seems to be geting cold feet and is really worried about the work situation and rates of pay and wonder if you would mind telling us how you have got on and whether it is possible to get a decent paid job as he has his own kitchen company over here and is giving up a lot and i am dying to get over there and at the minute i feel like my life is on hold! Would appreciate any info, regards Nicolette:wacko: