Guest RobJ1978

video Diary

Guest RobJ1978

Well im gonna start doing a video diary of our life in england,as we know it. So when its our turn to get the wobbles and wonder if we are doing the right thing we can look back at it.

just thought i would share that! lol

Nic

Hi Nic

I think thats a great idea....... I remember wanting to do a video of our first few days here and our journey getting here - but things got too busy and we didnt end up doing it.

Be really interesting to look back after you've been here for a few years.

Not sure if you have kids or not, but my youngest was 7 when she got here - and today I was talking to her about xmas and I asked if she thought it was weird having a hot xmas in the summer.........and she said that she thinks its normal and cant think of xmas being anything other than being in the summer........

Sarah

Guest RobJ1978

Hi Sarah,

Yeah we have two kids 7 and 3...think its gonna be hard for Grace (7) but she is already really excited about making new friends and playing tennis(:skeptical:)...glad to hear the christmas story......i think it will be me that has the problem at christmas...i like to get wraped up and go for frosty walks! I'm sure the kids will love being ale to get outside on their new toys! how did you make the decision regarding schools???? and where to live??

Nic

Hi Nic

I think Im starting to get used to xmas being summer time - but it will never feel quite the same as a cold and snuggly xmas with winter walks.......

Its a difficult one to make the decision about where to live and schools...... We always wanted to live near the sea as opposed to the hills.....and the southern suburbs seemed to be in our price range. We first lived in Seaford Rise and our children went to the local school - but we werent happy with school (it is alot different schooling to uk) and ended up moving them.

We now live in Moana - which is across the road from Seaford Rise, but closer to the beach...its a fab suburb, very beachy and family friendly....only traffic is that of the people who live here. My hubby works in the city and takes the train there everyday.

We hadnt been to Adelaide before we arrived .... You are defo coming over the the right aged kids - they are totally going to love it here. You will make lots of friend via them....the Moana surf club (or any surf club) is a great way to meet families.

Hope this has helped - theres alot to think about - but things seem to work themselves out!

Give me a shout if you need any more advice

Sarah

Sarah,

Hope you don't mind me butting in? We are looking at seafood to Aldinga area and it would be good to know how long it takes your husband to get to the city by train and the cost, if that's ok?

Cheers,

Mis

Hi Misplaced..

No worries. My husband takes the train from Noarlunga (but with the rail extension will take it from Seaford soon).... theres a couple of direct journeys(no stops) to the city in the morning and the evening which only takes 30mins. If you miss those direct ones (think theres a couple around 7ish 730ish and 5pm ish/6pmish - not sure of times - will find out for you)...then it will take around 50 mins.

Not sure of cost either - hubby already left this morning - so will ask later and let you know.

If you are living in Aldinga - you will need to add around 15/20 mins to journey to get to Noarlunga.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Guest Jennet
    Hi Misplaced..

No worries. My husband takes the train from Noarlunga (but with the rail extension will take it from Seaford soon).... theres a couple of direct journeys(no stops) to the city in the morning and the evening which only takes 30mins. If you miss those direct ones (think theres a couple around 7ish 730ish and 5pm ish/6pmish - not sure of times - will find out for you)...then it will take around 50 mins.

Not sure of cost either - hubby already left this morning - so will ask later and let you know.

If you are living in Aldinga - you will need to add around 15/20 mins to journey to get to Noarlunga.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Looking and reading the information is interesting, as i will be staying with friends in seaford when we arrive in UK summer 2012, i like Aldinga too and hallet cove but Aldinga, seaford has good price range to live than hallet cove and brighton. i wanted to get my oldest into Brighton to complete the SACE as a good school to university is important for her. Brighton is a zoned school but quite expensive to rent. I went to SA in 2002 but my friend stated it has changed alot since then around seaford etc. looking forward to seeing the change. can't wait to move over but waiting for my oldest to complete her GCSE's.