Guest bidsandrew

Christies Beach and O'Sullivan Beach??

Guest bidsandrew

Hi guys, we are looking around for a long term rental and do love Port Noarlunga but am struggling to find a property that is in our price range and available.

We have started looking at Christies Beach and O'Sullivan beach and we know that in Christies Beach there is a wide range of properties and people! I cant seem to find anything about O'Sullivan beach on PIA. Does anyone have any opinions on either area and also does anyone know anything about the primary schools in both? I know that Port Noarlunga Primary doesnt have a catchment area, I am going to look around on Monday, but we didnt want to have to drive to school if we dont live close enough.

I am also going to look around Seaford K7 tomorrow and we have got a few properties in mind there if anyone has any info on that too!?

Its so hard making a decision and my head is so full that im getting myself confussed with it all!! My husband seems to have a better memory when it comes to remembering which house is which and in which area!!

I know it is all personal and everyone has their own opinion but would love to hear from you all, good or bad.

Bridget

Interested to hear about both suburbs, noted that O'Sullivan Beach is a bit cheaper for rentals than both Christies Beach and Port Noarlunga but then I also noticed the big oil refinery beside it. Although I think I read that this was no longer in use and plans in place to demolish it.

I'm still in Scotland so don't take my word on that though but would be interested in others comments though.

Cheers

Matt

There is a lovely little school in O'Sullivans beach don't know what the My School has to say about it. The refinery is closed and due to be demolished, there is also the water treatment pant between Christies Beach and O'Sullivans Beach. Think just depends on the street your looking and what you want access too. I love living here and would happily buy a house Port Noarlunga, Christies Beach or Noarlunga Downs but my dream location is one street back from the beach at Port Noarlunga.

I will be sending my son to St John's Apostle school it is a lovely private school at the back of Christies beach, may be you should take a look round there too. I never thought I would pay for private education but it ticks all the boxes for us.

Good luck with your rental search

Christies beach is a considered a better area than O sullivan beach(only because of the oil refinery) BUT there is nothing wrong with any of the areas,they are all clean and really safe! My son was at seaford k7 school,its a wonderfull school,really friendly staff! There are properties in Port noarlunga for cheap,my brother is renting a house 100m from the beach for $270 per week,its privatley rented out...try look on gumtree for private listings as the agencys are quite difficult! Seaford is a great area to,lots of new houses have just being built and the train line is being extended there,alot of new migrants are moving there.