leelee53

House sale dilemma :o(

    Recommended Posts

    Well, its been a hard few days that's for sure!! .............

     

    My last post on here was over the weekend, saying 'OMG offer accepted on house and we go in less than 7wks!'. After accepting an offer on Sat, we then had a call from the estate agents on Mon saying that the buyer had his heart set on another property down the road, which he had previously offered on, but lost out. So we thought thats that, and contacted the couple who viewed our property as a rental also at the weekend. They were fortunately still keen on our house, and we verbally agreed to let it out to them in the New yr, after we leave. We then received another call from the estate agents yest saying the guy who had put in an offer was interested in our house again, as he had missed out on the other house. He made us a lower offer, as he has some sort of medical problem and needs as much as poss for his treatment. The offer was far too low so we declined it and thought that would be it. I spent last nite drafting up a tenancy agreement as we thought we would definately be going down the rental route. Then, I get another call from estate agents this morning, saying he had increased his offer, and drove round last nite and is really keen on the area etc. OMG!! My head was spinning. Our 1st choice was always to sell, but as time was getting on we advertised it as rental also the last few wks. Our dilemma is that as much as we would love to accept his offer, we now feel anxious about the whole thing, and would be worrying about him pulling out further down the line. I also dont want to mess the couple we showed round for rental, but we really would prefer to sell so that there are no loose ends here, maintenance worries etc. The estate agents say that the guy knows hes messed us around, and suggested we arrange a meeting with him. So, hes coming round to our house on Fri pm. I would really love to shake him and say, 'do you not know that im already stressed out with making such a move, we dont need this!!'

    Its just the whole trust element now, which i know you can never really have untill you exchange contracts, but i really WANT to believe hes genuinely interested in buying our home, for obvious reasons. We really would be much better off taking over as much as we could when we leave in 6wks time!!!

     

    Any opinions on our dilemma appreciated, thankyou!!

     

    Lisa:arghh:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Partridge.carl

    Maybe if he puts up a non refundable bond. I understand your view selling is clean, renting is a bit messy but gives you capital growth. Good luck

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Well, its been a hard few days that's for sure!! .............

     

    My last post on here was over the weekend, saying 'OMG offer accepted on house and we go in less than 7wks!'. After accepting an offer on Sat, we then had a call from the estate agents on Mon saying that the buyer had his heart set on another property down the road, which he had previously offered on, but lost out. So we thought thats that, and contacted the couple who viewed our property as a rental also at the weekend. They were fortunately still keen on our house, and we verbally agreed to let it out to them in the New yr, after we leave. We then received another call from the estate agents yest saying the guy who had put in an offer was interested in our house again, as he had missed out on the other house. He made us a lower offer, as he has some sort of medical problem and needs as much as poss for his treatment. The offer was far too low so we declined it and thought that would be it. I spent last nite drafting up a tenancy agreement as we thought we would definately be going down the rental route. Then, I get another call from estate agents this morning, saying he had increased his offer, and drove round last nite and is really keen on the area etc. OMG!! My head was spinning. Our 1st choice was always to sell, but as time was getting on we advertised it as rental also the last few wks. Our dilemma is that as much as we would love to accept his offer, we now feel anxious about the whole thing, and would be worrying about him pulling out further down the line. I also dont want to mess the couple we showed round for rental, but we really would prefer to sell so that there are no loose ends here, maintenance worries etc. The estate agents say that the guy knows hes messed us around, and suggested we arrange a meeting with him. So, hes coming round to our house on Fri pm. I would really love to shake him and say, 'do you not know that im already stressed out with making such a move, we dont need this!!'

    Its just the whole trust element now, which i know you can never really have untill you exchange contracts, but i really WANT to believe hes genuinely interested in buying our home, for obvious reasons. We really would be much better off taking over as much as we could when we leave in 6wks time!!!

     

    Any opinions on our dilemma appreciated, thankyou!!

     

    Lisa:arghh:

    When we sold ours we asked for a non returnable £2000 cash deposit and the buyer had no problem with this, also shows they are keen, you can do it through the agent, it would only be returned if we pulled out of the deal.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    He's a cash buyer so his money is all in the house, not sure if he would have 2k but could certainly put that to him. Thanks for the suggestion! :cute:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi Lisa

     

    We have rented out house in the uk and its a nightmare as we are so far away. If I was you I would sell as there is not many buyers and more people looking for rental you can get someone else to rent it if the buyer does pull out in the future. I feel it is a constant thorn in our side and we cannot move on with our lives here completely due to having the house in the uk.

     

    But this is only our experience.

     

    regards Janine

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest weelou

    Hi lisa, I had the same problem as you but in the end I decided to rent but done it through an agent so my property will be ok. My reason for not selling is we only have 1 and a half years left of our morgage and we thought if things don't work out here we still have a morgage free homebut on the rother hand if we settle here and decide to buy we ither sell at home or its a third income to buy a good proprety here in Adelade. It's to soon just now as we have only been here 3weeks and its so different from home and alot to take in as you are starting a full new life.I hope this helps because you'll be like me your heads up your backside at this point.Louise

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hello, thanks very much for all your advice. Once again its been another crazy few days!!! We had a meeting with the buyer, and agreed on an offer with a firm shake of hands. He also agreed to put a deposit down subject to a satisfactory survey being done. We felt more reassured until.........we had a call from the estate agents yesterday saying the sale would not be going through. Our buyers buyer had been in hospital after being diagnosed with cancer. OMG. Well, I suppose we were never meant to sell up just yet. I quickly contacted the prospective tenants to see if they were able to call round asap as I had 'now got the paperwork sorted'. They have been round this evening and its all signed and sealed for rental now. Shipping has also finally been booked in, and things finally seem to be getting sorted. The tenants pay off their mortgage in 12mths and have said they may be interested in buying ours, fingers x!! Cannot quite believe we leave the UK in just over 5wks, sooooo ready for the move!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Hello, thanks very much for all your advice. Once again its been another crazy few days!!! We had a meeting with the buyer, and agreed on an offer with a firm shake of hands. He also agreed to put a deposit down subject to a satisfactory survey being done. We felt more reassured until.........we had a call from the estate agents yesterday saying the sale would not be going through. Our buyers buyer had been in hospital after being diagnosed with cancer. OMG. Well, I suppose we were never meant to sell up just yet. I quickly contacted the prospective tenants to see if they were able to call round asap as I had 'now got the paperwork sorted'. They have been round this evening and its all signed and sealed for rental now. Shipping has also finally been booked in, and things finally seem to be getting sorted. The tenants pay off their mortgage in 12mths and have said they may be interested in buying ours, fingers x!! Cannot quite believe we leave the UK in just over 5wks, sooooo ready for the move!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

     

    WOW Lisa, what a rollercoaster time you are having. I hope you feel a little better now the dilemma is resolved. Now you can get on with the other million things. I remember it well, and don't envy you. But, I will say this, It is 100% worth all the hassle stress and tears.

     

    Enjoy the 5 weeks if you can. You will soon be over here on the Sunny Side.

    Take care

    Paul

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Thanks Paul, that's what i keep telling myself, it's ALL worth it!! Notice you are a Primary School teacher. Are you working at the minute? Enjoying it? We have a 20 month old son, Samuel. I've not returned into a school since having him, just done supply cover and 1:1 tuition. Do you know if there's much call for 1:1 tuition in Adelaide? Do I still need to register with TRB first?

     

    Lisa :smile:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Thanks Paul, that's what i keep telling myself, it's ALL worth it!! Notice you are a Primary School teacher. Are you working at the minute? Enjoying it? We have a 20 month old son, Samuel. I've not returned into a school since having him, just done supply cover and 1:1 tuition. Do you know if there's much call for 1:1 tuition in Adelaide? Do I still need to register with TRB first?

     

    Lisa :smile:

     

    Will PM you later about teaching SA style, if that's ok.

    Paul

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now