ASsistance with certified copies

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Adelaide_bound

Hi all,

I need to get my teacher thing sorted, and need to get certified copies of all my documents - think there are about 20-30 pages of stuff I need done (stupid amount of transcripts etc from my uni) and having spoken to the local Magistrates court (being told by others it was free there from the Justice of the Peace), they charge £25 per piece of paper! :shocked: So I really can't afford that, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations in the W Midlands as who to go to? I've googled, but just seem to get really dodgy looking solicitors coming back, whom I'm not sure are even qualified or anything, so don't really want to use them either.

We're near Birmingham, the Coventry side of it, so Brum, Cov, Rugby, that sort of area would be good if anyone knows anywhere :)

Cheers if anyone has any help :)

O yeah, we had issues with the local magistrates when we wanted our son's UK passport done. The passport office told us the magistrates could sign it and it was fine, the magistrates said no they could not. But they would if we paid the £20 fee per form but not to expect it to work. Sod that for a lark. We found another route and got a friend who is a GP to sign it for us in the end.

Is there a list you can work from like when you apply for a passport? As in respectable professions such as doctor, police, army officer etc? I'd say try another magistrates court/JP and see what you come up with there. A notary/Commissioners of oaths? That was another route we were told to go down. They may charge a one off fee for it but it hopefully would be cheaper than £20 per sheet.

Have a look at Wikipedia and the explanation of them. Annoyingly, as they say they can all do this, but not all will :arghh: And they do have a link to a list of them I think there, so you can see if there is anyone near you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notary_public#England_and_Wales

I got a friend of mine who is a chartered accountant to do all mine for me - as long as the person has a professional qualification then it should be fine, I think.

I spoke to TRB here in SA earlier this week about my transcript, and they said it must be a Magistrate or JP.

AB - we used a very friendly lady to certify docs for OH's nursing transcript. She was based in Perry Barr/Walsall side of Brum, and I think she charged £10 per sheet. Would that price and area be of any use ?

Paul

I spoke to TRB here in SA earlier this week about my transcript, and they said it must be a Magistrate or JP.

AB - we used a very friendly lady to certify docs for OH's nursing transcript. She was based in Perry Barr/Walsall side of Brum, and I think she charged £10 per sheet. Would that price and area be of any use ?

Paul

Blimey - is that because this is a specific teaching qualification being checked?

Blimey - is that because this is a specific teaching qualification being checked?

According to the guy I spoke to, this is the norm so that my UK degree qualifications can be compared to Aussie requirements. They want a certified copy of my degree certificate and a certified copy of my course transcript (preferably with the relevant point scorings for the 'European Credit Transfer System' (ECTS) on it).

Guest Adelaide_bound
So its ok for skills assessment for anyone professional to certify, but when it comes to lodging my 176 I will need to get everything certified again by a Magistrate or JP? Best I find this out now I guess. Shame its different rules for each step, just adds the admin nightmare. Oh well.

No, not quite that bad - for the Skills Assessment you can get a huge list of people to do it (including medical professionals, headteachers etc) for the AITSL - for the 176 you don't need to get anyone to do it as you just scan the originals in on a colour scanner and then they don't need certifying, but its for the SA Teachers Registration Board to assess my qualifications (again, because AITSL just can't be trusted) and they will only accept a handful of people - JP, Public Notary, Solicitor or a Police person (but that is only in SA unfortunately, as I believe you just take them to the local police station and they do them for nothing :) ).

I could just wait until we get to SA, but we want to go travelling for 6-12 months so want to get my registration sorted asap, and if I get the quals done from the UK now all I have to do is the Child Protection Training and then barrel along to the TRB offices (as my UK ACRO is less than a year old, so shouldn't need the Aussie police check having only been in Oz for a few weeks, if that, at that point) and we can be off on our merry way. Otherwise I need to hang around for several weeks (up to 8 I think ! :o) to get the quals assessed and then do the next stage....grrr.

CherryPecker that would be really helpful if you could PM me those details? Many thanks - much better than rip off £25 a sheet! :o

Guest paultozer

Adelaide_Bound, I got mine done by a Solicitor in Kingshurst (by Chelmsley Wood) for £5 per sheet.

I had about 15 sheets so they gave me a bit of a discount. You said you were from Coventry side of Birmingham, is that Solihull then?

Adelaide_Bound, I got mine done by a Solicitor in Kingshurst (by Chelmsley Wood) for £5 per sheet.

I had about 15 sheets so they gave me a bit of a discount. You said you were from Coventry side of Birmingham, is that Solihull then?

AB - I would go with this, but let me know if you ever need the details and will sort them out for you via PM.

Paul

Guest Adelaide_bound

Would seriously appreciate the name/address Paul if possible :)

(and...nearish Solihull lol - have to be a bit secret squirely for a couple of months still due to completely mad boss person making my life a living hell right now...).

Cheers if you can pass that along :)

(and cheers cherrypecker, will keep you in mind :D )