Sign in to follow this  
Guest manykids!

bridge clinic - medicals

Guest manykids!

Hi we have just started to book our medicals at Bridge clinic in Maidenhead ( nerarest one to us, well hour and a half hours away so not that near!!) - just wondered if any of the lovely people on here had been there for their medicals and what it is like? Soooo nervous about the whole thing!

Thanks

:arghh:

Guest guest7008

Hi _ your name is Manykids - how many lol x we have 6 that are coming with us to Adelaide!! actually have 7 but the eldest lives in London with her own little family so she staying her :( Anyway, back to the question - we went to Bridge Clinic back in June and they were lovely - panel doc very laid back and very nice as were the nurses - we were there for 4 hours but that cos there is soooo many of us!! for the under 5's - nothing!! for the 5 to 15 years - just a wee sample and height and weight and a quick listen to their chests - for over 16 its a chest x ray, hiv test, wee sample and again a quick med - just heart, limbs etc - nothing too major - we all passed with flying colours!! We did e health so our results were sent same day and finalised within 4 days and visa issued on day 5 !!! So they very efficient and quick - hope that helps - I was stressing BIG time before we went but it really is nothing to worry about!! Good Luck and let us know how you get on!!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Bridge Clinic is LOVELY, we did a little blogette about it on our site if you want to read in detail what they did to us lol (http://sendusdownunder.com/2011/09/medicals-done/). The Doctor was fabulous and funny, the actual clinic was very nice with free tea/coffee/water/hot choc machine and very comfy sofas and mags to read, not that we had time to drink or read as we were in and out very quickly indeed.

Maidenhead is really pretty as well for a stroll along the river if you are so inclined, its the area I grew up in (well, just down the road) and is really really lovely :)

Guest terjo

Hi Manykids, we did ours back in June and again they were really lovely the staff, our medicals were the same as above, however we got the dreaded phone call 2 days later which said there was a problem with one of our xrays, however after 4 months of alot further test and the diagnosis of a condition we had never heard of, we were granted our visa, I always thought that if something went wrong then that would be it, but thankfully for us it wasnt, and the condition was caught at such an early stage I was so releaved to have had the medical. So try not to panic they are really kind and approachable.

Good luck, It is worth it.

Terjo

Guest manykids!

Thanks guys for the replies, so pleased it was all good experiences for everyone at this clinic and afterwards too and that you all got the visas in the end too - or are almost there now (glad they caught your illness early on too Terjo and have managed to treat it - I guess a small part of me is thinking that at least by having x-rays we will know if there is anything serious wrong with us which we would have been unaware of otherwise too) Not quite so nervous now - well still a little bit if I am honest but mainly because I think I may have to be referred as I have had slightly raised blood sugar levels recently and though my doctor says we will just keep an eye on it I feel the panel doctors may want to ask for more tests? Anyhow will let you know how we get on,

PP We have 4 children aged 9, 9, 7, 5

Guest keith&ju

We had ours in February 2011, we were pretty worried too, we had our chest Xrays done first then went into another building to have our urine and blood samples taken then lastly met with the doctor who was really laid back and chatty who asked us lots of questions and gave us a brief examination (didn't have to remove any clothes!), and then we had height & weight checks and an eye test which was just reading a chart from a distance. I think we were there about an hour in total including Xrays. The reports were sent by snail mail but it didn't take too long, maybe a couple of weeks later it was logged on DIACs system as being received. So don't worry, they were really nice. Before we went the word medical conjured up alot of sacrey things in my mind, like being prodded and poked in places unimaginable, but it was nothing scarey like that! Best of luck x

Julie & Keith

Guest manykids!

Well we had our medicals today and I have to say that the staff at Bridge clinic were amazing, it all went really smoothly and quickly - not an easy feat with 4 children under 9... and noisy boys too! The whole experience was really good, stress free and efficient and a relife after worrying about it for ages!! Just got to wait for the results now so fingers crossed for that, they were sent by E-health so hopefully wont be too long? Anyway I would highly reccomend the clinic and the staff to anyone who is thinking about using them.