Hi Everyone

Guest The Hardeman's

Guest The Hardeman's

Hi there, we are a Family of 5 from Doncaster, we are coming out to Adelaide to start a new life in April (ish time), we are looking for good info on Schools, Places to live and the usual stuff, as part of my job i will be working a 10 on and 4 off roster so a good freindly family area is essential.

Thanks for any reply's

Mark, Lou and Family

Guest rockape

Hi, we are also a family of five from Doncaster. We will be arriving in Adelaide 9th Jan, we're staying in Glenegl for the first week then who knows! We've got 2 school age, 15yrs and 7yrs , then my oldest son who is 19 yrs is following us out in April. We can't wait to start our new life in Adelaide but it all seems so surreal still, got loads to do and its not that long till we leave.

All the best on your move

regards

Debbie

Guest The Hardeman's

Hi Debbie, yes got work sorted, just had the final salary offer through, just going through the formality's now with the Medical and References, 457 Visa etc, my Wife (Lou) is a Qualified Nail Technician and is hoping to just pick up work as and when, all our family are really excited.

Mark

Hi Mark

Whereabouts are you working? as that will have alot to do with where you will end up living. We live in the southern suburbs and next to the beach...there are many lovely suburbs down here and all are very family friendly. Port Noarlunga, Christies, Aldinga, Seaford Rise and my top one (well, we do live there lol) is MOANA!

All of these places are coastal suburbs and have good amenities, parks, schools, shops etc .

Good luck with your research...you really wont know until you get here and have a wander yourselves.

Sarah

Hi Mark,

I am also originally from Doncaster living in Oxford at the mo but only for another 4-6 weeks then its off to sunny Adelaide,we visited last year and had a really good look round the southern areas ie Seaford,Port Noarlunga etc which are glorious,dont know about the schools but very nice and the people were very friendly and also lots of us brits there which is handy for the wife if you are going to be away a bit

Cheers now

Gary = Emma

Hi there' date=' we are a Family of 5 from Doncaster, we are coming out to Adelaide to start a new life in April (ish time), we are looking for good info on Schools, Places to live and the usual stuff, as part of my job i will be working a 10 on and 4 off roster so a good freindly family area is essential.

Thanks for any reply's

Mark, Lou and Family[/quote']

Guest zamunda

Hi Mark

We are still in the process of moving to SA. So can not answer any of your questions. However, going by what friends and family has told me, you will throughly enjoy SA.

We are hoping to make our move in Aug/Sept 2012. May be we could meet up.

All the very best.

Hi Mark, Lou and Family

Its the big question.... where's nice to live and what are the great schools.... I have to say this is a very personal thing, We have live in a few areas in Adelaide Blackwood, Tennyson and finally down south Moana and Port Noarlunga South. We are beach people and love it down here but the hill are also lovely... As for schools there are so many good ones both Private and Public but I have to say again its a very personal choice.

My advice would be to get yourselves short term accommodation then spend some time driving around areas and getting a feel for the places. Maybe to narrow it down list the things you like and dislike about the area you now live in and also what your "must haves" are. That way you can see straight away if it ticks your boxes.

With Lou being on her own sometimes I would probably say living within walking distance to the schools would be good so she can meet other mums and have coffee mornings etc. Also if the kids are into sport or swimming living close to these type of amenities will also help meet other parents.

There's lots of people on here that can give you some great pointers on areas and schools so ask away, the best thing is doing research and going with your gut instincts when you get here.

Good luck with the move, Its a great place live

Kim

x

Guest The Hardeman's

All,

Thanks for all of your reply's, everyone seems so friendly and helpfull, the company i am going to work for give me 8 weeks accomodation on arrival so we will have the time to have a look around, please keep the tips coming as they are really informative and gives us food for thought, are there ang Golf addicts on here as my new babies (clubs) are coming with me and will need to play at least once a week or the move is off lol.

Thank you all so much

Mark & Lou