Guest donna mac

New Move

Guest donna mac

Hi im Donna

I am 35 married to Paul with 2 boys Gabriel (5) Ethan (3) we currently live in Co Durham North East England.

My hubby has been contacted re a job in Darlington Adelaide he had interview on skype yesterday re visa's its early days but if theres anyone out there that could tell us anything about Darlington and nice places to live we need to be close to schools and places to go grocery shopping also possibly furniture stores all close by.

We would be looking to rent a home my parents would be living with us so we would need a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom what are rent prices like in this area.

Thanks

Donna :smile:

Guest BurgessFamily

Probably looking at $400/wk for rent.

Furniture shops - Fantastic furniture / Super A-mart / Le Cornu / Harvey Normans etc...

Darlington is a tiny suburb kind of nestled into the Marion, Sturt, Seacombe area.

There's not much in Darlington itself because it is so small but you have to picture suburbs here just rolling from one into another with nothing much to show where one stops and another starts. I think Darlington has a Maccas, a servo, a big Salvos (Salvation Army op/charity shop), Hungry Jacks...and not much else!

That said, that really isn't unusual and what Darlington doesn't have, the surrounding area does. It is within walking distance (for my daughter anyway!) of Westfield Marion shopping centre, Flinders med centre, the uni....a ten minute drive from the beach, fifteen-ish from Glenelg, 25 from the city...nearby suburbs include Flagstaff Hill, Happy Valley, Warradale, Marion, Seacombe, even Brighton etc etc so if your husband gets a job there you would be free to look into quite a few areas mentioned frequently on here and which would still be within an easy commute.

HTH :)

LC

Guest donna mac

Hi

Thank u much for that will come in very helpfull

Donna:smile:

Guest eleighsha-may

hey donna (:

if you have expensive furniture that you bought when in England it would be cheaper to send it all in a container to where your moving than completely buying new stuff.

originally we were going to buy new furniture over here and then when we visited we noticed that the furniture is poor quality and no variation in styles . They all looked the same and charged allot of money for the furniture. When visited we noticed basic stuff like ironing boards and quilt covers and wash baskets and basic stuff you could buy at Tesco for like £15 were $60 -$ 80 over in Australia.

Guest Jennet
    hey donna (:

if you have expensive furniture that you bought when in England it would be cheaper to send it all in a container to where your moving than completely buying new stuff.

originally we were going to buy new furniture over here and then when we visited we noticed that the furniture is poor quality and no variation in styles . They all looked the same and charged allot of money for the furniture. When visited we noticed basic stuff like ironing boards and quilt covers and wash baskets and basic stuff you could buy at Tesco for like £15 were $60 -$ 80 over in Australia.

Blimey that is expensive

Guest donna mac

Hi

Thanks for that furniture advice people have been telling us theres allot to sort out without worrying about taking furniture and some people have said the ammount we would pay for a container to go from north east england to oz we could get some nice furniture over there for the amount we would be paying for a container.

Thanks again

Donna : )

Have you seen the price of fridges? If I was you I would do some serious research on the cost of comparable furniture to what you have now to what you would be looking to get in Oz.

Anyway, just my twopenneth or two cents worth!

Guest donna mac

Hi

Its very early days yet but i will look thanks for the comment.

Donna : )