Guest The Hardeman's

Are there any English Golf Society's in Adelaide

Guest The Hardeman's

Hello There,

Myself and my family are coming to live in Adelaide in April, i am looking for a Golf Society to join, i am a 11 Handicap and just need to find some people to play with no matter what your handicap, i don't take myself too seriously and am generally just a grip it and rip it sort of player.

I would like to know what are the best courses to play, i am planning on living around the Flagstaff Hill area.

Any reply's will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Mark

Guest Guest5035

The course at Flagstaffe Hill is a ripper of a course.

stevo

Hello Mark

My husband plays in a golf society most weekends. He says it has a core of 6 regulars with a few others who turn up sporradically. The six regulars are all Poms from various parts of the UK, and handicaps range from 11 to around 23. Two regulars live at Flagstaff Hill, as do 2 of the non-regulars. They play at several courses around the region and take it semi- serious with cards being handed in and handicaps adjusted. They took on an aussie society last march in a Ryder Cup style match (and won), and expect to make this an annual event. All have particular allegiances to football clubs back in the UK and have a good bit of banter while playing. They would welcome some new recruits, so if you would like to get involved, PM on your arrival so you can get phone numbers, e-mail addresses etc.

Good luck with the move

Guest The Hardeman's

Thanks for that Catherine, it sounds just what i would be looking for, i am afraid i can't join in with the football banter though as i support Sheffield Wednesday, so i don't really have any good come backs at the moment even though we went second yesterday (but only in the poor league).

Thanks Very Much

Mark

Guest barkers18

hi mark

i'm a member down the road at the vines, good club great people and we've got some good membership offers on at the moment

i think they still give a free round to prospective member to try out the course

http://www.vinesofreynella.com.au/

have a look