Guest Guest75

Wanna see lots of Roo's??

Guest Guest75

Recently I have been taking Little Tyke out on driving lessons.

I often let her drive around on the quieter country roads behind us in the hills.

Look around on the roads at the back of Woodcroft and Onkaparinga Hills.Up Cox's Hill Road,Piggott Range Road and back down to States Road.

You will have the Onakapringa Gorge National Park to your side.Sadly it suffered a fire late last year so I guess the wildlife is out looking for greener pastures.

There are loads of Roo's up there at the minute!

Best time to see them is early evening. We counted 30 the other night.

Last night we had one right next to the car weighing us up.

Also spotted Koals and Kookuburras .

Obviously take care,keep an eye out for Roos and if one is on the road drive slowly.

Guest dglamoore

Sounds amazing :D

Looking forward to getting there and exploring and meeting some Roos :D Onkaparinga and the surrounding area looks lovely (good old google earth!) and am sure we will end up round this area somewhere.

Lisa :D

Guest Guest75
    Sounds amazing :D

Looking forward to getting there and exploring and meeting some Roos :D Onkaparinga and the surrounding area looks lovely (good old google earth!) and am sure we will end up round this area somewhere.

Lisa :D

We love it around here.We feel as though we are on the edge of the country but not too far from the city.

My Mums been looking for roos all week but hasn't seen any so I reckon they must all be up your way. Hopefully will see them on our way to yours next week Russ. :P

We finally got to see them on our way to Kangaroo Island last week. You have to be up early to see them or driving around at dusk otherwise they are not about.

The Kangies are all around the grassland at Myponga, Yankalilla right down to Cape Jervis. My Mum was well pleased. We also saw Koalas in the trees at Belair National Park last week along the Echo Tunnel walk.

We arrived at KI and didn't see one "live" kangie - there were loads of various roadkill on the side of the roads though. :(

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi Moosh

Can agree there :( , you see a lot of road kill in KI although we were lucky enough to see plenty alive and kicking Seals, penguins (free on Emu Bay if your quiet and patient), wombats/possums (i think), koala's, lizards and enchiladas to name but a few We just didn't manage to spot the platypus (school project :roll: and a mention in the Golden Book if we managed it)

Jane and Andi

Guest Roo1

Obviously take care,keep an eye out for Roos and if one is on the road drive slowly.

For anyone wondering its not me jumping around.

Roo by name but not by nature!!!

:P

Guest motlyman

Hi,

A popular missconception from the UK is that there is wildlife everywhere which is not the case.

There is plenty to see but most wildlife hides away in the heat and only comes out early morning or evening when its cooler.

I have often been on my bike around the Onky. Hills and seen the roos.

Only mad dogs and Englishmen as they say;)

Colin

There's one less Southern Brown Bandicoot up at Mount Lofty now, seeing as it decided to commit suicide under my car wheel last Sunday arvo.

Cute little critters too, and apparently somewhat endangered - especially if they run under old Holden Nova's!!!