Guest bidsandrew

Anyone at Port Noarlunga Primary?

Guest bidsandrew

Hi, my son started at Port Noarlunga Primary on Friday. I have a really silly question and thought someone might be able to help me on here as I dont have any numbers for anyone yet!

His class has got swimming lessons next week and I am confussed as to what they take, wear to school etc. Do they go in normal shorts and t-shirt in the morning or do they go in school uniform and change before swimming or do they go in their swimming stuff?

Im sorry for the stupid question but I cant make sense of the letter I got!!

Thanks

Bridget

Guest guest569

each school is different. i would say for him to wear his bathers under his uniform and take some dry pants and a towel in a bag.

Hi .

I dont know the answer but my daughters Lauren 10 just started there 4 weeks ago.

We live at Port Noarlunga South.

Lauren seems to have settled in really well and is enjoying school.

Hi, my son started at Port Noarlunga Primary on Friday. I have a really silly question and thought someone might be able to help me on here as I dont have any numbers for anyone yet!

His class has got swimming lessons next week and I am confussed as to what they take, wear to school etc. Do they go in normal shorts and t-shirt in the morning or do they go in school uniform and change before swimming or do they go in their swimming stuff?

Im sorry for the stupid question but I cant make sense of the letter I got!!

Thanks

Bridget

Hi Bridget,

Our son is in Reception class there and is going swimming down at the beach first lesson all this week.

This is how we understand it:- They go to school in their swimming stuff (bathers, sandals, t-shirt), and take a swimming bag with a spare t-shirt, towel, sunscreen, drink and fruit. They take their school uniform in another bag to get changed into when they return to school.

This is our first time too. Hope this helps.

Paul & Sarah

Guest hughescl

Hi

How old is your son? my son is 8 and starting at Port Noarlunga in January as we are moving up to the area, he's in Willunga Primary at the moment :) Claire

Guest cyprus2001

Trevor you finally Arrived then, was talking to you from England re soccer team here my husband starting one if you still interested. My son also goes port noarlunga primary he's in year 4

Guest cyprus2001

Hi Claire I spoke to you re Cameron and woodcroft my son is 9 and at port noarlunga primary maybe see you around

Guest Guest6899

Our son Ethan is there too he is in year 6 at the mo year 7 next year.. didnt know there were so many other English children going there..

Paul (cherrypecker) where have you been tried to call a few times but just got a/mach.. we are two streets away in our new pad from the school you will have to drop in.

Lisa

Hi all.

Yes we arrived about 10-11 weeks ago, we had 9 week in Aldinga before moving to Port Noarlunga South.

I have been playing 5 a side up at Seaford sports centre on a Tuesday night, we could do with a few more players as its the vets and need a breather on a regular basis if you fancy it just let us know.

All the best Trev.

Trevor you finally Arrived then, was talking to you from England re soccer team here my husband starting one if you still interested. My son also goes port noarlunga primary he's in year 4

Guest cyprus2001

hi ya i do believe my husband plays there tuesday nights too now he is ina team called groundshare, whats the name of your team, i think hes actually playing with gareth lisas husband (baggienurse) too.

Hi all.

Yes we arrived about 10-11 weeks ago, we had 9 week in Aldinga before moving to Port Noarlunga South.

I have been playing 5 a side up at Seaford sports centre on a Tuesday night, we could do with a few more players as its the vets and need a breather on a regular basis if you fancy it just let us know.

All the best Trev.

Guest RobJ1978

Hi guys,

I'm hoping you can help me out.

We are looking at port noarlunga, and now have the task of looking at schools. Whats Port Noarlunga Primary like? Looking at the stat's they don't seem as they meet the national average, but does this really show? We love the sound of the area and the school. It's just such a daunting time isn't it, doing right or wrong. As you have probably seen from other posts, my daughter currently only has 16 pupils in the whole of the school, from age 4 to 11, so it will be such a big jump for her.

Help and advice greatly appreciated!

Nic

Guest RobJ1978

Hi Paula,No, looking at the stat's it hasn't for a few years http://www.myschool.edu.au/MainPages/NAPLANResultsTable.aspx?SDRSchoolId=49283&DEEWRId=0&CalendarYear=2011&RefId=al4gDas3AZXq9VXmUqovSg%3d%3dWe aren't hung up on figures mind you as the school she is at now is below average with results, but we are happy with her progress. Just wondered if anyone could give us a bit of an idea.Nic.x.

Guest Paula H

I must be reading them wrong, it says average: 1000, school average: 1006, making it just above average?? Forgive me if im being a bit thick

My eldest 7 goes to port noarlunga primary and the youngest 4 will be starting in July. The school is going through a modernization program this year which sees major building works to the main building and a few other places. These works will be finished this year. It already has a brand new gym. The school is like most Aussie schools a bit more laid back in its approach but I don't think that is a bad thing. It has a good community feel and our daughters teacher has managed to describe her down to a tee on our first parents evening ( after 3 weeks) and already has her strengths & weaknesses which we were amazed at. All in all we have been really happy with the school but I would take a look around first as there is no catchment area for the school so you will get a space if you want one.

My eldest 7 goes to port noarlunga primary and the youngest 4 will be starting in July. The school is going through a modernization program this year which sees major building works to the main building and a few other places. These works will be finished this year. It already has a brand new gym. The school is like most Aussie schools a bit more laid back in its approach but I don't think that is a bad thing. It has a good community feel and our daughters teacher has managed to describe her down to a tee on our first parents evening ( after 3 weeks) and already has her strengths & weaknesses which we were amazed at. All in all we have been really happy with the school but I would take a look around first as there is no catchment area for the school so you will get a space if you want one.

I wouldnt rely on there being no catchment area for ever. We were at the schools AGM a fortnight ago, and it was mentioned that zoning had been considered due to such rapidly growing numbers. The school management do not want to bring this in, but they acknowledged that they may have to.