Rabeah

Current job situation in South Australia/Adelaide

Hello members,

hubby and me are just preparing to make the move in February. I was wondering if somebody living in Adelaide/South Australia could tell us how the labour market is at the moment? Hubby is a CNC operator (TRA recognition as a fitter/general). Hopefully there are enough job vacancies for trades worker.

Thanks a lot for replies.

Guest guest7008
    Hello members,

hubby and me are just preparing to make the move in February. I was wondering if somebody living in Adelaide/South Australia could tell us how the labour market is at the moment? Hubby is a CNC operator (TRA recognition as a fitter/general). Hopefully there are enough job vacancies for trades worker.

Thanks a lot for replies.

Hello :smile: My husband too is a CNC Operator/Programmer and we too heading over in February!!! How freaky lol x Will be interested in the replies...I have been on various employment sites and there is jobs available, mainly in the North though - thats where we are going to settle as some lovely areas and beaches - when you guys flying?

We're flying out January 31th and will arrive on February 2nd. And when will you both take your flight? We're also thinking about renting in the northern suburbs, because it's nearer to the jobs

You are absolutely right. I have just spent the last two months looking for employment and the majority of machining jobs were in the northern suburbs and there were plenty of them. If you have the qualifications and experience you should be fine however there will be a lot of competition for these positions.