bruce n sheila

Canoe (s) Wanted

Being someone who suffers with problems in my knees i am trying to get out and about and do something energetic that might also get us to see different things. I am trying to look at buying 1 or 2 canoes (or more if the kids want to get involved) but not wanting to pay through the nose in case we dont get full use. Therefore if we have second or third hand ones that are sitting collecting dust we would be willing to consider.

Also if someone knows where i can get a good price please let me know.

Have you tried canoeing before? I would have thought it's quite hard on the knees... There's a place out towards Port Adelaide that rents canoes and you can row amongst the dolphins there - they may also sell second hand canoes/kayaks. Here's their website: http://www.adventurekayak.com.au/

I've heard swimming is also excellent for anyone with knee problems, as obviously in the water you don't have the weight going through your knee that you would have otherwise.

Good luck anyway

Guest Tina

anaconda (mile end) at the mo has sit in for $289 but i think you need to buy the paddle as well for around $60, but they have 30% off all kayaks until the 4th december.. but last weekend i hired two sit on kayaks from Camero water sports o'sullivan road, lonsdale for $50 each for the day (9am-5pm saturday)or you can have them for the weekend for $100 each. but if you hire and then purchase new ones this hire money comes off the cost of the kayak. and at the mo they are selling sit on for $400 and $600 and this includes seat and paddle.. we had a great time up onka river the weekend.

also a tandem sit on... is on gumtree for sale for $250

Thanks for your replies, really appreciate them and a few good steers to get the family to try. Diane sadly swimming is not good for me, repetitive motion isnt a good think for my old knees, plus i cannot swim front crawl so breaststrok is a killer.