Short Term Furnished Rental Needed From 9th Jan 2012

Roady

Have a look at the Accommodation Available section on the Renting and Real Estate forum. Bear in mind that you are looking at one of the busiest times of year here - school holidays etc, and most locals take their breaks after Christmas and the New Year too so if you are lucky enough to find anything still available grab it with both hands! I think there was someone recently moving out of the their short term rental just before Christmas who posted in that section so fingers crossed...

Hi Diane

OMG starting to panic!!! we're new to the forum and didn't realize that there would be such a shortage of short term rentals!!!!!!

Will check out the Accommodation Available section as advised. What's the score with Hotels, are there plenty of them or is it a No No!

Thanks for the advice in advance:huh:

There's a couple of motels I think - wierd thing here in Australia is that a "hotel" doesn't necessarily have accommodation, could just be a pub! Also there are furnished apartments, but they tend to be quite pricey... The good thing is it doesn't take all that long to find a longer term rental; some people manage it within a couple of weeks. Another alternative is a cabin on a campsite - worth contacting a few anyway as even if they're full, they may be able to put you on a cancellation list. When I have more time later I'll try and find some links.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to everyone again

We have managed to secure a rental for 10 days ending on the 18th January. We are not sure on which way to play it from here on in i.e. do we try and secure another rental before we fly out or should we sit tight and wait until we arrive and have a look around during our stay in the 10 day rental:wacko:!!!

Any advice will be appreciated, and thanks again for the advice received to date. For your information the 10 day rental that we have secured has come from following the web sites suggested to us CHEERS:wink:

Hi to everyone again

We have managed to secure a rental for 10 days ending on the 18th January. We are not sure on which way to play it from here on in i.e. do we try and secure another rental before we fly out or should we sit tight and wait until we arrive and have a look around during our stay in the 10 day rental:wacko:!!!

Any advice will be appreciated, and thanks again for the advice received to date. For your information the 10 day rental that we have secured has come from following the web sites suggested to us CHEERS:wink:

Truly don't wait until you get here - January, February and March are always busy months. If you only have a few more days to stay before you back then you may be able to find a hotel room. I would probably enquire though about that before you leave and ask whether they are likely to have rooms if you booked when you got over here. If it were me I wouldn't want to worry about finding accommodation while on a holiday. (If it were winter you'd be fine.)

PS - It's our Tour Down Under (bicycle race) from the 15 to 22 January so it is quite busy for accommodation as we get a lot of interstate visitors.

A little bit more info from everyone if you can please :unsure:. Once we have arrived, how long does it take to get sorted out with a short term rental? is it just a case of viewing a few properties and then once we have decided letting the agent know and that's it? What is involved in the process and how long does it take i.e. a day or a couple of days or is it weeks? :goofy: