Guest shella_n

Changes to Visa Changes Announced

Guest shella_n

Changes to Visa FEES Announced

See here: - http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/cb/2011/cb180683.htm

Thought this bit was particularly interesting "Mr Bowen said the significant changes included the introduction of a fee for dependants of visa applicants from July 2013.'If people are bringing family members with them to Australia, the fee will reflect the additional processing and checks for these family members"

Changes to Visa FEES Announced

See here: - http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/cb/2011/cb180683.htm

Thought this bit was particularly interesting "Mr Bowen said the significant changes included the introduction of a fee for dependants of visa applicants from July 2013.'If people are bringing family members with them to Australia, the fee will reflect the additional processing and checks for these family members"

Hi there

I was told about this on another forum.

Mmmm. Let's take this hypothesis:

Jack & Jill have 6 children. Jack has a skill in demand.

Why wouldn't he seek a skilled visa for himself alone to begin with and then use a Spouse visa for his wife and children later on? Under the present proposals, the Government only intends to charge extra for the Dependants in the Skilled Stream of visas only.

So - used the Skilled Stream for the skilled person only and then use the Family Stream for everyone else in his family. So far, the Government has not published any figures but as soon as they do, all the lawyers will work out the cheapest option for clients of theirs, I feel sure. As soon as they work it out, everyone else will hear about it 5 minutes later and Bowen will be left scratching his head, I suspect!

Cheers

Gill