simon@sarah

laser eye surgery

Hi guys

To cut a veeeerrry long story short I had laser eye surgery before emigrating having been incredibly short sighted all my life!! It was a gift from my dad and unfortunalty it didnt go as well as good be expected and im still having to wear contact lenses daily. It has left my dad in the UK fighting for compensation from the company that carried out the surgery and they have asked me to go to a clinic here to see how much a 2nd operation would cost and whether its feasible to carry out.

Has anyone had any dealings with an eye laser clinic that they would recommend so that I can obtain the information required.

Thanks

Sarah

I had mine done at a clinic on Greenhill Road - the Adelaide Eye and Laser Centre - http://www.aelc.com.au/ - I've been very happy and luckily had no problems. They might be a good place to start. There is also a forum I came across which was useful for info from people: http://www.lasermyeye.org/forums/index.php

Sorry to hear about your problems, good luck with getting some compensation

Guest mary22

Hi Sarah sorry to hear about the botched laser eye surgery in the UK. I just recently came back from the UK too and found out I had a botched filling from a dentist in the UK. The doctors, dentists, people in the medical industry over there just don't care anymore.

Anyway when I was in Sydney recently I got my laser eye surgery done by a man by the name of Dr Kim Frumar (google him), he works at northern laser vision centre. Didn't want to risk it this time and have another episode like I did in the UK with my tooth. Dr Kim has over 30 yrs experience, former eye surgeon at Royal North Shore hospital, best of the best.. Didn't want to make the trek from Adelaide but they are offering 50% off at the moment so I got it done. Great excuse to see Sydney too. Anyway hope all goes well for you. Just be sure to do your research!

Guest bigal

I had mine done at the Harley Eye Clinic Glenelg,this was an alternative to taking eye drops,guess what after a couple of appointments he put me back on the eyedrops,a couple of appointments later he wants me to have laser again,I'm sceptical it's easy money for these people and return paying customers make sure they got fat wallets, whilst working class guys [all nationalities] like myself are busting their guts just to earn enough to live on. God bless the NHS!

Guest Adelaide_bound
    God bless the NHS!

Eh? You can't have laser eye surgery on the NHS :S

Thanks Diane - I am looking at getting mine done once we get over there :)

Guest Jo&Phil

Ouch, that sounds bad.

Simon Phipps in Goodwood Road (just after the underpass on the way in to the city, or just before it on the way out) did work on my husband ... seems very competent

Hi guys thanks for the replies..will look into Goodwood Road and the Adelaide Eye clinic in the new year...just more stress whilst trying to get a job and sort out xmas!!

Sarah