Guest Heather2011

Chef/Cook skills assessment

Guest Heather2011

Any chefs/cooks out there? what are the UK qualifications required for a possitive skills assessment? Which assessing authority did you go through and what does it involve? tests, costs etc...

Any info will be appreciated.

Andy applied to TRA (Trade recognition association). You need either 5-7 years continuous training and employment and backed up with references/statements.

If you look on immi.gov.au website it should explain it, but remember if you have to be reassessed because you haven't sent enough proof you have to pay again for it. So make sure you send more proof than you need.

Lisa

Any chefs/cooks out there? what are the UK qualifications required for a possitive skills assessment? Which assessing authority did you go through and what does it involve? tests, costs etc...

Guest Heather2011
    Andy applied to TRA (Trade recognition association). You need either 5-7 years continuous training and employment and backed up with references/statements.

If you look on immi.gov.au website it should explain it, but remember if you have to be reassessed because you haven't sent enough proof you have to pay again for it. So make sure you send more proof than you need.

Lisa

Thanks, i will have a look.

Guest Jo1854

I went through TRA, i had to write a lot about my training with lots of statutory declarations to back it up (from ex head chefs) or kitchens I had worked in plus my c.v and references and my qualifications (college paperwork)

and explain my continuous training on the job.

it was fairly straightforward you have to fill in the paperwork explaining your training using lots of kitchen and cooking terms to prove basically you have the knowledge you say you have, on the bright side there are lots of chef jobs in Adelaide.

Be very careful and make sure you fully understand the differences between a skills assessment as a cook and a skills assessment as a chef and which, if either, is your better choice.