Guest mark&rachel

Holidays in SA

Guest mark&rachel

Hello All

Can any advise on decent holiday venues within SA?

We have 3 kids (2,4 and 6)

Dont wana be more than 3 hours away.

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

Guest smurph

you wont get far for 3hrs, unless you stay overnight and then move on the next day for another 3hrs...have a road trip...

sa is a big place.. Robe is about 5hrs away, flinders about 7hrs, yorke peninsula is about 3hrs away... big 4 campsites have good facilities for kids.

Robe is good and has other things near byish.

Rawnsley Park in the Flinders is great but will be getting hotter

Port Elliot near Victor Harbour is picturesque and much better than VH. Robe and P Elliot both have Big 4 campsites which are ideal for kids.

Guest BackToAdelaide

If you want to see a bit rather than just stay at a holiday park, how about Kangaroo Island? You'll need to drive a bit to see things but nothing is too far away and you can get the ferry from Cape Jervis, which is only about 1.5 hours drive from Adelaide and then it's a 45 minute ferry ride over.

Don't forget the Riverland, 2 and half hours away - Renmark, Barmera, Loxton, Berri area. We had a great holiday there last summer, stayed at the caravan park at Barmera.

Depends on what kind of holiday you want, I found it strange when a mate told me, but he takes his family to Adelaide Shores, just North of Glenelg.... It has everything for the kids, skate park, bike tracks, beach, Pool (i think), Golf for the dads, Horse riding, and you can walk to glenelg for all the cafes you want...

it's not my kind of holiday, but for some people if it keeps the kids happy then it's still a great holiday...

Robe takes me 3 and a half hours - 4 max from Glenelg, driving under/at speed limit and usually straight from work in peak hour on a Friday night... not too far, awesome beaches and great wineries nearby!

Guest Mrs C

Adelaide Shores is a terrific option - close to Adelaide but a great experience for kids and parents

Guest rieulet
    Adelaide Shores is a terrific option - close to Adelaide but a great experience for kids and parents

I am also agree with you. Adelaide will be the best option for you.

Guest Jo&Phil

Normanville and Carrickalinga and/or Port Elliott and Middleton. About 1 hour ish south (depends on whether the express way is going in the right direction for you or not) ... lovely sandy beaches, lots of holiday 'shack's (some very un-shack like indeed!) There isn't heaps to do beyond enjoy the beach but that may appeal to your children, given their ages, and as it's very popular with Adelaidians there are likely to be lots of new friends for them to meet.

I posted earlier and mentioned Port Elliot. I went earlier in the year and it was lovely and empty. Friends went last week and turned around and came home it was so full!

Port Hughes near Moonta / Walleroo is pretty and has a long beach, white sand and crystal clear water. Its 2 hrs from the Barossa and doesn't get as busy as the beaches south of Adelaide.