Pommyspark

Its Just not cricket !

Why Do no agents or landlords, over in Adelaide ever respond to interest in properties. It doesn't give a very comforting feeling that you are basically not wanted there,, having said that I would be a bit dubious about renting my house out to someone applying from the other side of the world lol. That said I really dont want to have to pay $3000 for a hotel for 2 weeks, does anyone know a pommy friendly agent or landlord. please please!!!

Generally you need to wait till you get over there. Th Aussie rental market is different to ours and many people have said agents like you there first, on the ground and to deal with you in person. I doubt it's anything personal but when they have plenty of people there looking the last thing they are going to do is worry about someone in the UK. Also it is far better to take a short term let and look round areas that might appeal once you are out there. Nothing worse than renting blind and being stuck in a crappy neighbourhood or have the neighbours from hell and be tied to renting the place for 6 months.

Generally you need to wait till you get over there. Th Aussie rental market is different to ours and many people have said agents like you there first, on the ground and to deal with you in person. I doubt it's anything personal but when they have plenty of people there looking the last thing they are going to do is worry about someone in the UK. Also it is far better to take a short term let and look round areas that might appeal once you are out there. Nothing worse than renting blind and being stuck in a crappy neighbourhood or have the neighbours from hell and be tied to renting the place for 6 months.

Thanks, makes sense. we got a tent anyway.lol

We stayed in the Minima Hotel in North Adelaide for the first week, so that we could have a look at rentals. Have a look on their website - not many facilities but clean and comfortable until you get sorted.

Guest nickcoumbe

Yep, as suggested, wait until you arrive. You really need to look at properties.

As far as hotels go, try the local motels, phone/email them and try and negotiate a weekly rate. We managed to get a family room for less than $400/week.

PM me if you want the details.