Amateur Boxing Clubs near hackham / morphett vale

KathC

Hi we are coming to Adelaide 28th December and initially staying with relatives in Hackham. Our 16 year old son is very keen on boxing and has had a couple of amateur fights - i was wondering if anyone had any info on any local boxing clubs so that we help to get him registered when we arrive, just thinking it might help to settle him and give him something to focus on??

many thanks

Kath (veterinary nurse)

Shaun (electrician)

Niall (16)

Billy (6)

Guest Tterrier81

hi, there is a boxing club in morphett vale, and from what i have heard they are a pretty well run place, i have seen them advertising amateur boxing nights, there are also a few muay thai/kickboxing clubs around the area if he fancies trying his hand at something else.

hi, thanks for the info!!! he has googled them, joined them on facebook and his boxing coach here has even rung them!!! he can transfer his ABA boxing card and be set to carry on when we arrive so at least he has something to get started with when we arrive in about 2 weeks!!

thanks again

kath

Guest Tterrier81

no problems, hope he settles in well, good that he will be able to be surrounded with lads his own age who have same interests, its a big move for all of u so the quicker ur lads settle in the easier it will be for the adults to settle in. drop me a p.m. next time he has a fight, quite partial to boxin so it would be nice to come down and watch

take care and good luck

• 11 months later...
HiDid you ever find a boxing club?Chris
hi chrisyes found knights boxing gym down at o'sullivans beach and he has been there since early this year, its run by ex-pro boxer from the uk and our son loves it there - he has had several fights since being here and doing well, he won a state title 2 weeks ago will hopefully be fighting for a national title in february!!!! how long have you been here???

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Kath,

Thanks, I will check them out. We have been here just over 3 months, we live at Christies Beach.

Hi how are you getting on at Christies Beach? Only asking because i am coming over in Feb to do a reccie, and Christies is on my list. Going to email the boxing club now beause thats on my list too,lol. thanks Lee