Guest dglamoore

Regular pub night anyone?

Guest dglamoore

Great site - sure you will meet lots of new people.

welcome to the forum :D

Lisa

Guest remy

My wife and I are definitely up for meeting a few more people. Not sure if you're still checking this, though. Also, I should warn you - I'm 41, she's ... younger. Still interested?

Drop us a line.

Remy

Guest bob t

We will be in Aussie on the 19/08/07

So as soon as our bags are unpacked we'll be gagging for a beer, if any regular get togethers are arranged then please keep us in the loop.

cheers

Bob............. and I'm 45.so even older.

Hi Guys

We will be arriving 18th August so will also love a beer when we get there, we both are 40 so it looks like all us "young ones" will be starting an exclusive "40's" meet.

Just remember if your making the move to Aust at our ages you are very much young at heart.

See you all soon

Kimx

Guest bob t
    Hi Guys

We will be arriving 18th August so will also love a beer when we get there, we both are 40 so it looks like all us "young ones" will be starting an exclusive "40's" meet.

Just remember if your making the move to Aust at our ages you are very much young at heart.

See you all soon

Kimx

> Hi Kim

>

> Well! we will have one young whippa snappa with us and that is my

> wife, a mere snip of a girl 39 and 10 months old as she keeps on

> reminding me.

> We have just found a buyer for our house so we are really begining

> to panic although our two kids are totally relaxed 11 and 14 by the

> way.

> if you want a chat about anything give us a call. 0208 325 3839, if not keep in

touch anyway.

>

> Where are you from?

>

> onwards and upwards

>

> Bob and Lorraine

Hi Bob and Lorraine

are you flying into Adelaide on Singapore airlines?? we leave Uk on 15th into Singapore then onward on 18th Aug into Adelaide (we will be the ones drinking champagne on the flight as its Mikes 41st Birthday on the 18th:DTalking of birthdays it looks like Lorraine's big 4 0 is coming up :eek:will that be celebrated in Aus? If so looks like a good excuse to have a big PIA barbie to celebrate :o. There seems to be a lot of us making te big move in August Very very exciting we have 9 weeks to go!!!!

We're in Fleet Hampshire, not too far from London. we are just finalising a house purchase in Blackwood so we will have somewhere to go, how about you guys?? do you have plans?? I have PMed you our info.

Take care

Speak soon

Kimx

Guest bob t
    Hi Bob and Lorraine

are you flying into Adelaide on Singapore airlines?? we leave Uk on 15th into Singapore then onward on 18th Aug into Adelaide (we will be the ones drinking champagne on the flight as its Mikes 41st Birthday on the 18th:DTalking of birthdays it looks like Lorraine's big 4 0 is coming up :eek:will that be celebrated in Aus? If so looks like a good excuse to have a big PIA barbie to celebrate :o. There seems to be a lot of us making te big move in August Very very exciting we have 9 weeks to go!!!!

We're in Fleet Hampshire, not too far from London. we are just finalising a house purchase in Blackwood so we will have somewhere to go, how about you guys?? do you have plans?? I have PMed you our info.

Take care

Speak soon

Kimx

Hi Kim

Maybe I'm a bit dozy but what does PMed mean?

Cheers

Bob

Guest Django

Not dozy at all Bob. PM = Private Message

Guest muppetbro

the august gathering :cool:

count us in - we arrive 20th via singapore from manchester

django ill order a beer for you in your absence :P

Looks like weve started something here:Dall the new arrivals in August we will definately have to arrange a get together how about cafe called the beach pit (I think) on Jetty Road in Brighton late August everyone invited....:cool:dates and venue TBC

Less than 9 weeks to go guys!!!!

See you all soon

Kimx

Guest Django

django ill order a beer for you in your absence

Well this is a point that is dear to my heart. Beer. Do they have propper beer out there?:confused: You enjoy your Ozzy beer out there on the 20th. I shall have a propper one this end, a room temp real ale or an ice cold Guinness. Can't stand lager. 36_19_7.gif

Sacrifices I will have to make when I join you guys. 36_1_44.gif36_11_6.gif

Guest Alison

Hi Kim,

Ive been in Adelaide for 15 months now, Im from Yateley in Hampshire just a few miles from you!.

Alison

Guest bob t
    Hi Kim

Cheers

Bob

Hi Kim

we are also flying by Singapore Airlines due to the extra 10 kg allowance ,very handy indeed.

We actualy leave on the 19th and arrive on the 21st August, it seems the 40 something club is picking up speed,it could be exactly what everyone will need during the early days and hopefully for many years to come.

I read your reccie report and very good it was to.

I only thing I am really worried about is of course getting work, what do you and other half do?

Bob

Guest bob t
    Well this is a point that is dear to my heart. Beer. Do they have propper beer out there?:confused: You enjoy your Ozzy beer out there on the 20th. I shall have a propper one this end, a room temp real ale or an ice cold Guinness. Can't stand lager. 36_19_7.gif

Sacrifices I will have to make when I join you guys. 36_1_44.gif36_11_6.gif

Hi

Well such sacrifices we have to make, as a fellow pom I will help you try out all the different beers there are, until you find the right one for you.....what are mates for!!!

The main thing I will miss is football...........a sad Palace Supporter

Bob t

Guest bob t
    Looks like weve started something here:Dall the new arrivals in August we will definately have to arrange a get together how about cafe called the beach pit (I think) on Jetty Road in Brighton late August everyone invited....:cool:dates and venue TBC

Less than 9 weeks to go guys!!!!

See you all soon

Kimx

Hi Kim,

That sounds like a great idea! We are still waiting for a reply from OAA, fingers crossed. We will let you know where we will be staying and arrange a meet for late August.

Lorraine

Guest Django
    Well such sacrifices we have to make, as a fellow pom I will help you try out all the different beers there are, until you find the right one for you....

Top fellow you are for an eagle ;):D

The main thing I will miss is football...........

We can always sit and discuss old encounters over a dodgy pint somewhere though I doubt they have pints do they?????? :confused:

Well Guys

Noot sure Ill be able to Join you with the beer (leave that one to the hubby) But I am know to have the odd tipple of wine and seeing as SA is the wine capital then it would be rude not to:eek:.

I have made a mistake on the date we arrive. Its the 18th, Mikes Birthday, so will be celebrating Mikes Birthday on our first day in Adelaide so anyone whos already there is welcome to join us for a tipple and those who havent arrived yet I am sure you will be joining us in a tipple where ever you are!!!!

Lorraine I have PM'ed you Am already looking forward to your 40th in Adelaide,

Alison what a small world I to am from Yateley so have PM'ed you. perhaps you can help us newbies out with any suggestions to meet up.

Speak soon.

Kim:cool: