scooterdan

Gifts/Presents!!

Hey...Dont really know where this belongs...!

We have been asked by various members of family 'If we want to send you money for birthdays etc, how can we send it?'

What is the best way? Cheque, cash(AU$ or £), bank transfer...

Cheers

Dan and Steph

Guest soggy

Hi,

I intend to keep a uk bank account open for a while at least, they did not seem to have a problem with this as long as I have a uk address (i'm using my mother's ), I can keep an eye on it with internet banking and withdraw money with a cash card.

This may not be a long term solution but will do for me for a year or so, it will also allow me to send money to people in the uk for free.

Simon

Guest Guzzler&Sas

hi there guys

we have kept a UK bank account open for exactly that reason - family pop money in there for the girls and our birthdays and xmas and then buy pressies over here and use either that card or Barclaycard here is Oz and then pay off. Saves people getting money exchanged etc. Also it is always good to have sterling left in the UK for buying presents in the UK and sending them to people - kind of reverse buying then! Hope that makes sense ....

Cheers

Sas

Guest dglamoore

We kept a uk account open so family just put money in and then we use the card this end to get money out or go buy something :jiggy:

Lisa:cute: